• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Third Party Character Creation iOS App Removed

The d20 Fight Club for D&D 5th Edition iOS app has been removed from the Apple App Store by its creator at the request of WotC. The creator reports that he received a Cease & Desist demand (although it's worth noting that some supposed recent C&Ds appear to have turned out to be amicable requests). This follows on from the removal of the D&D Tools website and the more recent online character generator.

The d20 Fight Club for D&D 5th Edition iOS app has been removed from the Apple App Store by its creator at the request of WotC. The creator reports that he received a Cease & Desist demand (although it's worth noting that some supposed recent C&Ds appear to have turned out to be amicable requests). This follows on from the removal of the D&D Tools website and the more recent online character generator.

The creator reports that "I received a cease and desist order from Wizards of the Coast. All D&D apps will be removed from the App Store as they weren't compliant with WotC's copyrights and trademarks. Hopefully they'll be back in some form someday. Til then, thanks for all the support."

Nobody has actually shared one of these C&Ds yet, and others have indicated that what they actually received was simply a friendly email asking that they respect WotC's trademarks, so it's not entirely clear what is happening. Hopefully somebody will share one soon!

It does look like this particular app contained text and stat blocks copied directly from the D&D books. Below is the DM version of the app (the companion to the character creation app).

10668662_851319121546282_8836126810444804481_o.png

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Importance of topic and volume of non-humor posts tend to correlate fairly strongly... I don't see a whole lot of laughter here...

I disagree. Importance of topic correlates with very little, and I am not even sure how you'd measure what is important. But, it's definitely not post count or humor level. It's the Internet, and this a message board devoted to a geek hobby. We can literally argue about anything, in a serious tone, for weeks. That doesn't make it important. I once participated in a serious-toned, months long thread concerning who could win in a straight fight, Hulk or Superman.

And we wouldn't like you when you're mad?

Y'know, I was positive that I was quoting Dr Germ's declaration of anger. My response looks entirely silly when connected to Dannyalcatraz's comment.

But Dannyalcatraz's response to me (via video link) is classic, so all's well that Hulks well. :erm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

Remove ads