This is Bazaar: Dungeon Adventure

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
This is to get the game going. My players can post when you can. The adventure begins on the streets of Cauldron before night.

Boxed text
Steady drizzle falls from the ash-gray sky. The crowded, rain-slicked buildings seem especially bleak and frightful this evening, hunched together beneath the tireless rain. A few lights burn in their eyes, but mostly their shutters have been closed for the night. The scent of chimney smoke fills the air, and you hear the din of water trundling from the rooftops, splashing into dark alleys, and turning street gutters into rivulets.
A sudden, plaintive cry for help splits the evening air. It seems to come from somewhere behind you.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I'll assume Poto has just arrived in Cauldron. He's riding his dog.

Poto's ears perk at the sound of the scream. He hesitates briefly, glancing around for someone in authority. Seeing no one, he turns & races towards the cry.

Badger

First Post
Marcus

Marcus' thoughts of the meal at the tavern were quickly washed away as he heard the cry echoing from behind him.

Turning quickly, he saw that he was not alone in hearing the cry, as a small figure mounted atop a hound raced paced him towards the noise.

~ Never a dull moment here in Cauldron...never a dull moment~

Moving quickly Marcus fell behind the mounted figure to see what was going on.

Last edited:

ErichDragon

First Post
Ian

Ian is stumbling drunkenly home from a Tavern singing a ditty...

"The minstrel boy to the war has gone
in the ranks of death you will find him.."

A scream pierces the night air. Aaaaahhhhh.

"What in the bloody hell was that? I better go see what's what." He slurs in a thick brogue.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Poto is the first on the scene. You turn from the street and glance down a dark and misty alley. You see three rough and tumble thugs beating a fourth on the cobblestones. Marcus and Ian arrive in time to see one of them grab thier victim by the hood of his cloak and slams him against the wall. Another growls "Stay away from the orphanage, you got that?"

The alley is 10' wide 60' long and decends at a 15 degree angle. Poto Marcus and Ian are at the 'high' end.

Map soon to come.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Map.

Attachments

• cauldron_01.gif
    cauldron_01.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 255

Badger

First Post
The cavalry - Marcus

Seeing the thugs beating on their mark, Marcus is filled with disgust for those that pray on those weaker than them.

~While I may not be able to take them by the force they use, perhaps there is something I can do to help...~

Stepping around the corner behind the stranger and his canine mount, Marcus reaches into his pocket and pulls out a handful of multicolored sand.

"Spectramicus Illuminus"

Throwing the sand towards the two men assaulting the cloaked stranger, Marcus hoped his mastery of the weave was good enough to halt their assault and allow the others a chance to assist the stranger.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Griswald doesn't notice whats going on until he gets up close.

"Ooh, aye, ok then," he says when he sees people gathered around the entranceway to an alley.

Noises similiar to those of someone receiving a beating are coming from within. He puffs himself up and gets ready to barge in to clear things up when one fellow throws a colourful spell down the alley.

"Aye, whats goin' on 'ere?" he says after the magical display, peering down the alley to see the effects.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Poto

Seeing reinforcements, Poto figures he can afford to be a bit bold. He rides Jinx towards the men

What seems to be the problem here? Does anyone need help?

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Not bothering to hide or anything, the one guard not beating on the robed guy turns his head and notices all of you. For the first time you notice their faces are painted half black and white in a crude clown/harliquin-like fashon that hide their features.

Marcus casts his spell, the colorful lights illuminate the alley for a moment, he only catches one of the thugs in his effect. When the lights fade he shakes his head for a sec, but remains unaffected. (Will save of 20!)

They draw Short swords, the one in the rear shouts "Buggar off, you. This is none of your consern!"

Attachments

• cauldron_02.gif
    cauldron_02.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 238

Remove ads