• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thorn Tree

New Location for the Thorn Tree?

• Nowhere (we don't need it)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • CRT (somewhere around Ford Keep)

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Rotunda (somewhere around Waterdeep)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Great Bazaar (somewhere on Sigil: razorvine?)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Anywhere (don't link it to a location)

Votes: 2 10.5%

Magi_Trelian

First Post
For those new to ISRP, or at least new to the message boards, there's a subforum called "The Emporium" which was an open-air marketplace, and which is no longer a current setting. But there is also "The Thorn Tree" which was part of the Emporium setting.

Description: in a walled garden in the Emporium, there's a thorn tree where people can leave notes to others, poetry of their own devising, bits of random philosophy, whatever they wish ((as long as it remains in-character!)).

Some pretty cool poems and such got posted in this section of the boards.

Now that we don't have the Emporium, do we want a Thorn Tree? and where do we claim it is?

See poll, which allows you to pick multiple options. :)

Last edited:

Sir Kellandros

First Post
Rotunda needs a message board

I think the Thorn Tree should either be attached to the Rotunda or there should be a message board made for it. The Emporiun has one and it doesn't exsist anymore! :mad:

Jeajea

First Post
Here's the first entry for the tree:

For Wizards of the Coast,
Who's profits were not most,
But when it came,
And died the dame,
'twas us that were made to toast.

Don't mind me, I just didn't get a chance to vent about how incredibly upset I am... I was away, didn't find this out until only very recently. What was I meant to do? I missed this whole fiasco... oh well. Mere words cannot convey... to bring this back on topic, I think that the Thorn Tree, being a great ISRP tradition and further a place where I loved to place poetry, must remain in existance. It shouldn't even change names. We don't need an IC reason, but if we must have one, Jea stole it and brought it to the CRT, or wherever it ends up. How hard can it be to steal a tree? ;)

Lince'sa

First Post
the CRT already has a cork board, lets not put it there. throw it in the bazaar, so it's right where it used to be IC ((in the market)) and OOC, (not in the CRT). the Garden definately doesnmt' need it. people go there to get awaw from the crowds, to have a bunch of people out there reading poetry, contract killers out there going "I think I can retire on this bounty, but why? I love killing ooh so much,"

option B, Rotunda, because I know how much Nashypoo loves her thorn tree, so.... she uprooted it and replanted it just outside the entrance to the rotunda, after paying off the inter-world customs service so they would let her transport foriegn flora across the interdemensional rifts. wow she has GOOD ties.. I couldn't even bring the apple I was eating...

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
Well, she's a retired Purple Dragon, she also has a trading company that works out of Waterdeep...so I'm sure she has some connections. ;)

Remove ads