• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

thoughts on my BITTEN BY VAMPIRE campaign

corcio

First Post
i have this idea in mind for a campaign in which my heroes are all biten and infected by vampirism. im doing this for a few reasons. the main one being to give them a spiffy vampire template...well a modified one that wont give them a +8 LA. but just something new and fun to mess with. like maybe give them the spider climb feet and the necessity to drink blood..etc etc etc.

now then once they are bitten they would obviously have some choices...
right off the bat they will have no ideas of their new vampire powers and weaknesses.
eventually theyll learn and become more powerful.
now
either they can cure it some how or they can embrace it...or just do whatever.
either way their actions will have specific consequences.

for example they used ot be well loved and respected..now they may be distrusted or out right hated. down to the point where their homes are assaulted. and so forth

or if they go off and find some mystical cure thru other series of adventures then that will work out to be fun also.

any takes on this sort of campaign or am i over extending myself beyond a regular D&D game here. any thoughts?

Aeric

Explorer
corcio said:
right off the bat they will have no ideas of their new vampire powers and weaknesses.

Emphasis mine. Heh. :p

I think this would be a lot of fun to play with. Libris Mortis has an eight level vampire racial class that you might want to check out. It gives the characters the vamp powers a little at a time as they gain in levels, and they also have the option of not taking vamp levels, thereby resisting their new existence.

Happy gaming!

corcio

First Post
are you referring to the vampire spawn?
thats something along the lines of what i was thinking....see good im not the only that thinks it would be cool to have vampire powers but not be evil. COME ON
spider climb at lvl 3 AT WILL = tons of fun

Bardsandsages

First Post
Remember the primary problem with the "bitten by a vampire" turning process:

If all it took to become a vampire was being bitten by one, the world would be nothing but vampires.

D&D really isn't suited for a good vampire style play. If you want them to play vampires with no idea of who or what they are, you are better off using the White Wolf storyteller system. If you want a more "fantasy" feel, use the old Dark Ages stuff.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads