• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thoughts on Shadowforce Archer?

applenerd

First Post
I just picked up the new Spycraft campaign setting Shadowforce Archer and I'm very impressed with it so far. I've only gone through it very briefly but already I'm filled with nostalgia for the top secret games my older brother used to run. It seems to have a lot of "cool" factor to it.

I was wondering what other peoples impressions are of the book and what they like about it? Is anyone running a spycraft game right now or planning on it? Are they going to use the shadowforce archer stuff?

applenerd

I got my copy ordered. I should have it Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't know exactly what's in it but, from what I read, I think I'll use it pretty much as written.

applenerd

First Post
Online stuff could be interesting too...

I'm also interested to see what they do with the online aspect of the product as well. It seems like it's geared towards having players contribute material from their home campaigns to the ongoing plot. I think this is a cool idea (if it ends up working that is) since I've never really gotten into the idea of the living campaings. I guess for me roleplaying is about hanging out with my friends and playing an ongoing campaign with them, not with people I don't know at a convention.

At their web page it looks like they have some mechanism to sign yourself up as an agent but I'm not sure what it's for really. In all though the more I browse the book the more I'm diggin it! Very cool stuff!

applenerd

First Post
Horacio said:
When was it released?

I went to the local gaming store yesterday and found it. There web site says it was released in April but it must have been late April if not just recently... If you dug the Spycraft book then you'll definitely dig this one!

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
applenerd said:

I went to the local gaming store yesterday and found it. There web site says it was released in April but it must have been late April if not just recently... If you dug the Spycraft book then you'll definitely dig this one!

I will do it! I know it was advertised for April release, and it didn't appear then :) But I didn't know it was finally released...

hong

WotC's bitch
According to Shadowforce Archer, the worldwide conspiracy to protect the Earth has its headquarters right here in sunny Austria, the land down under. To be precise, in Canberra, where I am typing this right now.

I heartily approve of this product, service, niche, cultural trend or powerplay. :cool:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
hong said:
According to Shadowforce Archer, the worldwide conspiracy to protect the Earth has its headquarters right here in sunny Austria, the land down under. To be precise, in Canberra, where I am typing this right now.

I heartily approve of this product, service, niche, cultural trend or powerplay. :cool:

You're meaning sunny Australia, aren't you ;)

hong

WotC's bitch
Horacio said:
You're meaning sunny Australia, aren't you ;)

Well, if I wanted to say Australia, I'd have said Australia, wouldn't I?

How many times do I have to tell people? Austria is the country, and Australia is the continent. This is how you tell them apart. Also, Austria got more gold medals at the Winter Olympics than Australia. No doubt this is because they let countries take part, but not continents, which is in my mind a shocking breach of United Nations protocols.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I saw it but didn't buy it. It looks pretty cool, but I had hoped for more info on magic and chemical monsters... If you liked Spycraft, you'll like this book, too. I would have bought it but I haven't been able to launch a Spycraft game yet and I blew all my money on Stronghold Builder's Guidebook, Quintessential Cleric, Campaign Mag #2, Vlad the Impaler and the KoK Player's Guide. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads