Threadkiller

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
if a thread is killed, and some one comments how it is killed in a post, does that resserect the killed thread?
To call a thread resurrected it needs to have dropped a great number of pages or been gone for a great amount of time. For example I don't think a month is enough to call it resurrected.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
To call a thread resurrected it needs to have dropped a great number of pages or been gone for a great amount of time. For example I don't think a month is enough to call it resurrected.
Philosophical question: What would have to happen to a dead thread to call it "reincarnated"?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Philosophical question: What would have to happen to a dead thread to call it "reincarnated"?
A thread from an old version of the forum brought back to the new forum? I once had a quite extensive thread on the Wizards forums about dragon names in Dragonlance which started on the old forums, and then was brought over to the new version (which is now also an old version).

Smoss

First Post
I frequently feel like a thread killer. But eventually people finally start posting after me. Maybe what I say makes them think for a long time... :p

Or maybe I should compare this thread to Hitler, that automatically loses arguments so maybe it makes for a dead thread. Godwin's corollary?

Smoss

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Or maybe I should compare this thread to Hitler, that automatically loses arguments so maybe it makes for a dead thread. Godwin's corollary?
Godwinning never works if you have an ulterior motive. Like killing the thread. :p

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Closest I can think of is it'd have to come back in a different sub-forum with a different title but still have the same content.

Further along those lines, however: how dead does a thread have to be to require Resurrection rather than Raise?

Lan-"going for a little walk now"-efan

Orius

Legend
Actually the easy way to kill a thread is to turn it into politics or religious discussion, or post feminazi stuff.

Threadlocking don't count. Only being the last person to post because you didn't know when to shut up. I do that a lot. I wonder how I compare to Stormomu, because I seem to kill a lot of threads.

Here's a composite image from the first three pages in my subscribed threads folder.
threadkills.jpg

I only see one thread killed by Stormomu in there compared to my annal of shame. Then again too, he might have participated in a lot of threads I didn't post in.

I wonder how much XP those threads are worth? :p

Hmm, that gives me an idea for status too....

Last edited:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I sampled 220 threads from General that have been inactive for between 11 and 12 months and died a natural death, as opposed to being locked. Sorting those threads by the last person posting, I came to the conclusion that the Threadkiller (at least for that period) was Jhaelen with the final post in six threads. Rechan and Wik came in second with five each.

Remove ads