Three new Star Wars movies

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The “New Jedi Order” period will take us past The Rise of Skywalker, starting with a film helmed by Ms. Marvel director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, exactly as reported for past few months. Nothing was said about the writing talent, but we’re guessing those reports were true as well, meaning Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson worked on a draft that’s now being rewritten by Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders). And yes, Daisy Ridley is back as Rey Skywalker in a story set 15 years after The Rise of Skywalker, which definitely opens the door for other key characters from the sequels making a return.

I like Daisy Ridley. I like Rey. I am happy she is getting the chance to bring the character back in new circumstances.

....that said, The Rise of Skywalker and everything around it (especially the discourse and retreat from TLJ) remains such a sore point with me that I'm not sure I want to revisit it anytime soon.

Ryujin

Legend
The “New Jedi Order” period will take us past The Rise of Skywalker, starting with a film helmed by Ms. Marvel director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, exactly as reported for past few months. Nothing was said about the writing talent, but we’re guessing those reports were true as well, meaning Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson worked on a draft that’s now being rewritten by Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders). And yes, Daisy Ridley is back as Rey Skywalker in a story set 15 years after The Rise of Skywalker, which definitely opens the door for other key characters from the sequels making a return.

I like Daisy Ridley. I like Rey. I am happy she is getting the chance to bring the character back in new circumstances.

....that said, The Rise of Skywalker and everything around it (especially the discourse and retreat from TLJ) remains such a sore point with me that I'm not sure I want to revisit it anytime soon.
Hopefully the universe will simply... be, and they won't reference the last trilogy much. Not sure Taika Waititi is the right guy for a Star Wars movie, though I do very much like his stuff.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Hopefully the universe will simply... be, and they won't reference the last trilogy much. Not sure Taika Waititi is the right guy for a Star Wars movie, though I do very much like his stuff.

I love Taika Waititi, and I'd love to see what he'd do in the Star Wars universe, but I agree that his sensibility is not a great match for what we've seen so far.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

At first glance, none of this seemed very appealing, but I'll give anything a shot that Lindelof is involved in! Though, I do agree with your sentiments too.

Dausuul

Legend
My immediate response is "Meh." I'm not super interested in an attempt to wring another trilogy out of the existing storyline, though I'm open to being convinced.

I'd rather see something in a completely different time period, like the Old Republic setting and the war between the Jedi and the Sith (before the Rule of Two).

Remove ads