• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrilling Pulp Adventures! [M&M] Characters

Karl Green

First Post
Jack O'Lantern

Jack O'Lantern (Jack Spencer); PL5; Concept: Avenging Mystic; SEX: male; SZ: Md; INIT: +4 (dex); DEF 18*/13 (Mental 15); SPD: 30ft; Melee +5 (unarmed +1S) Range +8 or +4/+4 (auto-pistol +3L); SV: Dmg: +2, Fort: +2, Reflex: +8, Will: +6; STR 12, DEX 18, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 14
SKILLS: Acrobatics 5/+9, Balance +6, Intimidate 4/+10, Jump +3, Move Silent 2/+6, Speak Language (Japanese)
FEATS: Ambidexterity, Dodge*, Evasion, Instant Change (to Jack O'Lantern), Point Blank Shot, Startle, Surprise Strike
POWERS: Amazing Save: Reflex +4 (source: Training; extra: Amazing Save: Will, Invisibility, Super-Charisma, Intimidating Presence [DC16]; total: 20pp)
EQUIPMENT: Weapon +3L (source: Inglis Canadian HP 9mm pistol; range increment: 30ft; extra: extra Inglis auto-pistol flaw: Magazine (12 clip); total: 3pp)
WEAKNESS: Transformation (at night, will change into the Jack O'Lantern; -10pt)

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/pr3811.htm

Jack O'Lantern looks like a very spooky, tall dark figure, with a dark and twisted face, that glows with an eerily orange inner light, concealed somewhat by a black silk scarf and fedora. He also wears a black trench coat and gloves. He carries twin Inglis Canadian HP 9mm pistols

Basic back-story: Jack Spencer was an American working in Japan in the 1920's for various British companies that operated there. He dealt with Opium dealers and Silk traders and even the occasional slavers. He never liked these people and one day, he met an old man on some lonely road who asked him what he wanted most in life, to which Jack said "I wish I had the courage to stop the people that I work with… that I could stop those in power and make them afraid like they make all their victims… but I am part of the problem, not any kind of solution." Of course the old man showed Jack just want he could do… either years later he has returned to the States and to help clean up crime here.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The Black Hound

THE BLACK HOUND
secret ID: Ian Ulster
HP: 3

height: 5’ 7” as Ian/ 6’ 4” as Hound
weight: 150 lbs as Ian/ 250 as Hound
size: medium
hair: Black
eyes: Green

~~~ABILITIES~~~
STR 14 +2
DEX 14 +2
CON 14 +2
INT 14 +2
WIS 14 +2
CHA 18 +4

~~~SAVES~~~
DMG +2
FORT +2
REF +2
WILL +2

~~~MOVEMENT~~~
INIT +2
SPD 30'

~~~COMBAT~~~
BASE DEFENSE +3
DEF +15
FLAT +13
MENTAL +15

BASE ATTACK +3
MELEE +5
RANGED +5
MENTAL +5

~~~SKILLS~~~
Gather Information [+8/4]
Bluff [+8/4]
Intimidate [+8/4]
Taunt [+6/4]
Hide [+6/4]
Move Silently [+6/4]
Knowledge Occult [+6/4]
Profession Detective [+6/4]
Drive [+3/1]

~~~FEATS~~~
Detect: Sense Imminent Murder
Instant Change (Illusion of the Black hound)
True Seeing

~~~POWERS~~~
-------------------------------------
Illusion [+2 pp/rank+2, 20 total] 5 Ranks
- SOURCE: Mystical (Fae Blooded)
- SPECIAL:
- EXTRAS: Damaging, Selective, Subtle.
- FLAWS: Limited to Creatures only
- STUNTS: none

-------------------------------------

~~~WEAKNESSES~~~
Vulnerable to Cold Iron.

~~~COST~~~
ABILITIES [28]
BASE ATT [9]
BASE DEF [6]
SKILLS [15]
FEATS [6]
POWERS [20]
WEAKNESS [-10]
TOTAL [75]
UNSPENT [0]

=====================
~~~BACKGROUND~~~
Ian comes from a long line of “gifted men”. Somewhere back in his lineage is the blood of the Shide, the Faerie folk. All of the males in his family have what is called second sight. But from birth Ian was surely the strongest and most gifted seer in Clan Ulster.
Ian has the rare gift to see when others will die by the hands of another within 24 hours. Ian’s Brothers gave him the nick name “Black Hound of the Ulster’s” because of the old folk tale about a big black dog that sometimes appears before a person dies.
Ian left Ireland when he was 18 and moved to San Francisco. He works as a Private Detective and is known as a person who “can deal with things the Police will not believe in.”

NOTE: I would like for Jack O’lantern and The Black hound to have met before the game starts if that’s alright. Two supernatural detectives working in the same city would naturally have crossed paths fairly quickly.

Remove ads