• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrilling Pulp Adventures! [M&M]

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Greeting Avid Listeners to the Thrilling Pulp Adventures Radio Show brought to you by Wheatena cereal, the great way to begin your morning right with hidden hunger fighters. Try a sun golden bowl of Wheatena today!

thespider.jpg

I am starting a 1930's Pulp Adventure style Play by Post game using the Mutants and Masterminds rules. The cast will consist of 4 daring men and/or women to find adventure and fight evil in 1935 San Francisco and around the world. Characters will start at PL 5. I am looking for exceptional but normal human characters though some strange powers (think hypnotism) that could be seen in a 1930's pulp story might be allowed with my approval.
If you need some inspiration check out The Pulp Zone and The Pulp Net

dimMyst_L01.jpg

Skill points are bought at a 2 to 1 pp ratio. I am still deciding on how I am going to handle guns. The list of weapons in the M&M book are pretty slim. I will most likely post a expanded weapons list soon. I am doing away with the Power Level limit on weapons. So a PL 5 character can use a Rifle with a +7 damage rating. I am also thinking about letting characters have normal weapons for free. Any "special weapons or gadgets" would cost pp though. I am open to suggestions!

spider2.jpg

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Retro-Rocket said:
Skill points are bought at a 2 to 1 pp ratio. I am still deciding on how I am going to handle guns. The list of weapons in the M&M book are pretty slim. I will most likely post a expanded weapons list soon. I am doing away with the Power Level limit on weapons. So a PL 5 character can use a Rifle with a +7 damage rating. I am also thinking about letting characters have normal weapons for free. Any "special weapons or gadgets" would cost pp though.

Do you have access to Nocturnals? There are lots of guns listed there with a new Flaw: Magazine that would work. There is also a Heroic Feat called Packing Heat that allows Mooks to purchase guns up to +5 damage. You could modify it a bit and make it +5 or two points over your PL.

Personally for Gun I would just let people build them as they will... Say I play a Gun expert that is so good all his guns do +5L or something, even a hold out pistol, just because he is good with it. (would be build with Gadget, Pistols and Rifles only)

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Karl Green said:
Do you have access to Nocturnals? There are lots of guns listed there with a new Flaw: Magazine that would work. There is also a Heroic Feat called Packing Heat that allows Mooks to purchase guns up to +5 damage. You could modify it a bit and make it +5 or two points over your PL.

Personally for Gun I would just let people build them as they will... Say I play a Gun expert that is so good all his guns do +5L or something, even a hold out pistol, just because he is good with it. (would be build with Gadget, Pistols and Rifles only)

Yes, I looked over the Gun rules and new feats in the Nocturnals book. While I thought they were pretty cool, I could not force myself to buy the book for just 2 or 3 pages of rules. :confused:

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Yea I can understand... I really love the comics so for me the book was a great buy :)

I wanted to ask about the low-level powers you mentioned like hypnotism... one character I was thinking might have a low-level Sorcery with a number of flaws. Just wondering (or maybe just one or two powers with a mystical bases). Now if you would prefer no mystical thats cool... I could make it psychic based but sees it as a mystical ;)

Retro-Rocket

First Post
Karl Green said:
Yea I can understand... I really love the comics so for me the book was a great buy :)

I wanted to ask about the low-level powers you mentioned like hypnotism... one character I was thinking might have a low-level Sorcery with a number of flaws. Just wondering (or maybe just one or two powers with a mystical bases). Now if you would prefer no mystical thats cool... I could make it psychic based but sees it as a mystical ;)

Mystical powers would be fine. Are you thinking about a Mandrake kind of character?

Remove ads