• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrilling Tales!

ledded

Herder of monkies
This looks *very* interesting. I'm still in the market for some really good Airship/air combat rules to go with d20 Modern, maybe they'll cover that.

Wombat

First Post
Hmmm, may have to look into this one.

Reminds me of two great pulp games I ran, one using Justice, Inc. and the other using Over the Edge. If the reviews stand up, I may have to pick this up up :cool:

JPL

Adventurer
Looks to me like they just yoinked some old pulp covers --- that Paragon picture is an old Doc Savage, for example, while the last picture looks like several old covers photoshopped together.

Lawyer sense --- tingling!

But maybe they are in the public domain. I dunno. Not my area of expertise. But don't get your hopes up on the content based on the awesome covers, that's all I'm saying.

Damn. The thirties. That's when they knew how to do a cover.

Retro-Rocket

First Post
JPL said:
Looks to me like they just yoinked some old pulp covers --- that Paragon picture is an old Doc Savage, for example, while the last picture looks like several old covers photoshopped together.

Lawyer sense --- tingling!

But maybe they are in the public domain. I dunno. Not my area of expertise. But don't get your hopes up on the content based on the awesome covers, that's all I'm saying.

Damn. The thirties. That's when they knew how to do a cover.

Garth Skarka puts out some quality stuff so I am not worried. As for the covers, I don't know who would have the rights to a cover of a pulp mag from the 1930's. I know of at least one company that sells a ton of pulp covers on CD. So I would guess that it is pretty much public domain.

I could not agree more on the greatness of those early pulp covers. Wonderful Stuff!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads