• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Throwing Weapons - Stupid Question

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yes, I specifically houseruled quick draw to rock on toast with the haversack, but by RAW it does not work.

And I'd say if your DM refuses to relent on this issue, you should request to make a new character. Being restricted to using the same type of weapon each turn is a massive gimp on an already pretty underpowered fighting style.

erealspiller84

First Post
All this makes perfect sense to me, I'll try to relay the message and I will show him the. 3.5 FAQ.

And yeah, he is a pretty underpowered fighter. Insightful strikes help and eventually weapon specialization, but I could easily deal more damage as a druid or fighter. My DM may be a lil frightened of me because I just resently tried my hand a maximizing a hulking ng hurler and showed off his average damage a round. So this trouble probably is all my fault.

And I appreciate all the advice, thanks a ton!

erealspiller84

First Post
I would suggest a spellcaster of some sort.

My last character was an optimized War weaver. Had a blast playing him, but I wanted something a bit more stylized. One of our other players wanted to DM for a while, so we are going from a combat driven campaign to a story driven one.

erealspiller84

First Post
Absolutly nothing, but I had been playing that character for a looking time. Need to shake things up a bit. Plus, the swashbuckler gives me access to some decent socail skills, so he just seems like a good mix of role playing and roll playing :)

I do, somewhat, prefer casters, but after the war weaver, every other caster seems to fall short. But that just a non professional opinon.

GoldDragon

First Post
While in the end, your DM may be wrong or right, I guess that, to me, it shouldn't really matter if you choose to sit at his table. In our gaming, there are two rules...First is "What the DM says, goes" and the second is "If you don't like it, there's the door". Now, that said, we arent a dictatorship. We listen to an argument but if it can't be decided upon in a reasonable amount of time (like a few mins) then the two-rule rule applies.

Remove ads