• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

THUNDERBALL RALLY (d20 70s Racing)

King_Stannis

Explorer
EricNoah said:
Erik, as far as I'm concerned the Poly stuff is the free stuff I get with my already good-value-for-the-dollar subscription to Dungeon....

funny, that's what i used to think until this issue. i must admit that when i get my next one, i'll be flipping to the back cover-side first and checking out polyhedron.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
In the future, I'd like to see: Super Heroes, Military, Cyberpunk, Giant Robots, Future Fantasy (i.e., Steampunk)
>>>

We're going to stay away from Superheroes for a while, since the d20 market will soon get at least three such games that will have far more space to "get it right." I've got a military game on the schedule, and have been pestering a potential author to do a giant robot game.

Nothing for cyberpunk so far. Personally, I think the genre is a little dated. Near-future fantasy is probably a tad more likely, at this stage.

That said, we're doing six of these a year, so I imagine we'll get around to covering just about everything.

--Erik Mona

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
i liked it for the sheer fact of Modern D20 rules. Now we have a clear concise ruleset for:

1. weapons: firearms and explosives
2. Vehicles: Waht they are, how to use them, and rules to use them.
3. Feats: Firearm based feats and vehicle based feats.
4. Standards: Now we have the defacto standard for Modern D20 ruleset regarding 2 of the most debated and widely differed rules for D&D regardig modern items.

thank god for standards..

VorpalBunny

Explorer
King_Stannis said:

funny, that's what i used to think until this issue. i must admit that when i get my next one, i'll be flipping to the back cover-side first and checking out polyhedron.

Mmmmm.......d20 Gamma World. Can't wait. But in the meantime I gotta say I'm enjoying the hell out of Thunderball Rally. Love the setting (OK, I'm a closet Cannonball Run fan...) and the vehicle rules are good (I had nightmares of 1ed d20 Star Wars until I saw them...)

As for the "off kilter" stuff: yes please! It's good to see the d20 system ridden hard and hung up wet - the more the better for the system IMO :D

leaghe

First Post
More wierd stuff, please. I am sick unto death of fantasy. I'd rather see Thunderball Rally (which doesn't interest me much) than a new and exciting fantasy world (which interests me not at all).

BTW, I buy Polyhedron. I suppose its nice that you tack on that Dungeon stuff on the back of your magazine, but there might be better uses for that space. Like more d20 games :)

Leaghe

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
I like the nice balance between Polyedron and Dungeon, I wouldn't like any one of them taking over the other...

jaults

First Post
    The more "different" games, the better. I have, so far, loved all of the d20 games in Polyhedron.
    The only problem I have, thus far, is the friggin' WotC OGL/OGC policy (or at least I assume it is policy). Why has nothing been released as OGC? The d20 games in Polyhedron seem like they were *made* for release as OGC. Now, I can understand why, for instance, the vehicle rules from Thunderball Rally aren't, since they will be in d20 Modern, but Spelljammer? Pulp Heroes? Why the heck not?

Thanks,
    Jason

Erik Mona

Adventurer
That's a good question, Jason. Basically, Wizards of the Coast has decided to release OGC _only_ through the SRD. We didn't want to open up the can or worms of releasing open content in the magazines, because it would then force everyone to follow all the magazines. While the sales of that policy might appeal to me, I don't think it's very fair.

The SRD is the only source of WotC open content, and is likely to remain so for some time. That said, some of the Poly mini-game stuff might pop up in that document over the next year or so.

Thanks for the input,

Erik Mona

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads