• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thundercats, ho!

The Thayan Menace

First Post
All Hail the Everliving Bull Dog!

"Yes ...."

tendermoment.JPG

"You have another fan Ma-Mutt!"​

Meowzebub

First Post
I am glad some people enjoyed this series, but I definately was not one of them. At what point should they still consider Mumm-Ra an evil threat, after trashing him 20 times, 40 times? At some point they should just take pity on him. If I was Tigra, Panthro, or Cheetara why would I bother showing up . Just get the sword out and get this over with. I see other shows of this time period falling in this same vein. GI Joe, He-Man, Transformers. How could evil organizations continue to exist with there dismal track record of success. Who would bankroll or join such organizations.

That is why Batman and Spider-man always held more appeal to me. A specific villian only gets stomped once or twice a year as opposed to 20. Different tricks would be employed to bring down the villians. Occasionaly the villian pulls something off that seriously messes with the hero's life. In these other shows, is there ever any doubt as to how the result will end. They always seemed a waste of 25 minutes just gettting to the big transformation and smiting of evil.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's enjoyment, just needed to express my disappointment in American 1980's animation.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I really liked the pilot, and enjoyed the show while it was on, but I have to say, it doesn't really hold up very well. The animation got more questionable as the series progressed (like they were cutting corners, and getting sloppy), the storylines were simplistic and overly moralistic. There are some real gems in there, the premise and characters were awesome, but it could have benefitted (IMO) from a more mature presentation. The same could be said for a lot of those kid shows, though, such as He-Man (which I preferred in the original comic with toy story format, instead of the "Prince Adam- Secret Identity" stuff).

From the reviews I've read of the DVD set, the quality is really poor on many of the episodes. Soundtracks missing, jumpy "camerawork". One reviewer mentioned that it looked like they used bad VCR tapes as their master copy.

Think I'll wait for a rerelease or something before I invest.

DonTadow

First Post
Whew!!! I thought I was the only one who marked out when I saw the commercial. Was I the only one pumping my fist in the air three times saying "thundercats OOOOOOO"

nick

First Post
I was surprised when I saw them make fun of Thundercats in the Family Guy movie. It had been a while since I'd heard anything about the Thundercats cartoon. I'm looking forward to the release of more of the animated Conan cartoons. I think that's next summer.

Remove ads