• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Thur 2pm-6pm] GenCon Noobies Game

Last year, a few of the ENWorlders who are regular GenCon attendees ran games especially for those ENWorlders going to their first GenCon. It was a great success, I think, and I'd like to turn it into an annual tradition.

This isn't limited to first-timers, but anyone going to their first GenCon will get priority.

Below are some options for games I could run:

Summer is Fading -- Disaster strikes a village while the head of House Callan is away, leaving his heir and retainers to investigate. Using Green Ronin's Song of Ice and Fire system.

Return of the Winter Witch -- An evil thought vanquished returns to exact revenge. Only a famed group of mercenaries stand in its way.

MIA -- A murder mystery set in early 1980s Miami. Using Dread, the horror system with the awesome Jenga resolution mechanic.

La Leyenda del Oro Rojo -- Old West criminals on the run try for one last score. Using Savage Worlds/Deadlands.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
I really enjoyed the Winter Witch game last year at my first GenCon, and although I won't be signing up for this again this year (to leave space for those actually attending for the first time) I recommend that other people do!

invokethehojo

First Post
I would love to be involved in one of these. Last year was my first GenCon, but I didn't know what I was doing and the people I was with were mainly there for anime girls so I didn't get to game at all except to demo pathfinder. I want this year to be different.

Let me know what to do and I will be there.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'd love to play in one of these, too, since it will be my first Gen Con. What game systems are these going to be run in? I'm happy to play anything, but I don't know the rules for all of the systems (I'm still a relative RPG newbie).

I'd love to play in one of these, too, since it will be my first Gen Con. What game systems are these going to be run in? I'm happy to play anything, but I don't know the rules for all of the systems (I'm still a relative RPG newbie).

Absolutely -- and this goes for GenCon in general as well as my games -- don't sweat not knowing the system(s). It's pretty much expected that some or all of the folks at the table will be new to whatever game is being played. Half the fun of these conventions and gamedays is getting to play something new.

TroyXavier

First Post
So very true. I've not had the pleasure of doing the Noobies game (as I've been going since Gen Con moved to Indy) but I've played with Rodrigo before and I know you'll enjoy whatever he runs.

Remove ads