• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TICK CARTOON SERIES on DVD Has BEEN RELEASED!!!

Rackhir

Explorer
I know this is not new news, but I was unaware of this aspect of things.

From The NEC (home of the Tick) web site

http://www.newenglandcomics.com/cgi-bin/shop/loadpage.cgi?user_id=id&file=splash5.htm

Starting this June 12th at 11:00 EST Toon Disney will begin re-airing the ORIGINAL Tick Animated cartoon show! We urge all loyal Tick fans to tune in an re-live watching all their favorite adventures of the Big Blue Defender of Justice. If ratings are good (and why wouldn't they be we know you ALL will be watching) it may spark The Tick cartoon show FINALLY being released on DVD. So show your support and please watch watch watch!

So if you know ANYONE who has a nielson box, NOW is the time to use those black mail photographs you've been hanging on to. If you have a TiVo, set it to record the Tick. Since the information is amalgamated and is increasingly being used to track viewership. We MUST make this available on DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Enough exclamation points do you think?)

Last edited:

Dingleberry

First Post
We've recorded the entire run on TiVo, and I have no intention of deleting any of it until the DVDs are available. That show is the apotheosis of cool.

werk

First Post
The tick was one of the first comic books that I started to collect. I got the smash hit first issue and was hooked. My bitch about them is that they are oversized, and don't fit in my standard plastic comic book bags, so they are super worn-out now. (I know they sell oversized baggies)

If you love the cartoons, and haven't read the books, try to find some, there's a lot going on in there.

LeifVignirsson

First Post
"Quick, little wooden boy! You take the one on the left!"

I am so all over this for the DVD whenever they decide to get off their arses and do something... I don't watch too many DVD's these days but this will make the rotation along with Zim.

Meowzebub

First Post
Beware that there is a version of the Tick DVDs out there right now. They are a poor import copy that looks like someone handcamed the TV screen. A friend found it on ebay or some similar source. She knew what she was likely getting but was desparate at the time.

Rackhir

Explorer
There is one episode going to be missing from the release.

Fortunately it is only Tick Vs. The Mole Men which was a pretty forgettable (At least as forgetable as Tick Episodes get) episode. If it had been "The Tick Vs. The Tick" or "The Tick vs Proto-Clown" I would have had to assemble a horde to go and sack Disneyland in retaliation.

Remove ads