• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tiefling Bloodlines

Krakenspire

First Post
As stated in the PHB the tiefling curse follows through human bloodlines. What would
happen if a tiefling had offspring with elves or orcs. I'm assuming you would get a tiefling
offspring.

However would a half-Orc tiefling be more bestial with a little of the orc blood showing
through? How about a little bit of elvish heritage showing in a half-elf tiefling. No mechanical
changes to the tiefling mind you just perhaps greyish skin and bigger teeth on a half Orc , and
perhaps green hair on a half elf tiefling....

Ravenheart87

Explorer
Why not change ability score bonuses then? In my Wilderlands campaign the tieflings cover the demonbrood race, and I've created two variants based on the demonic ancestor: the houri and the balrogkin.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Physically, I'd let the player choose whichever combination of features they wanted for their character for a half-orc tiefling. they can write whatever backstory they want.

Mechanically, I'd let the player choose whether they wanted to have the half-orc stats or the tiefling stats, but I would not try to combine the two.

I'd also be happy for multiple players in the same game to make different choices on both of the above.

jamesjhaeck

Explorer
In the Fire Emblem series, there's a people called the Branded, and I always think of them when I play tieflings. They're very similar thematically; both are born of an accursed, magical union and gain longer lives and unique powers. But the Brand is fickle, and likes to skip generations.

I've always felt that the tiefling curse would be the same way, only striking when it would be most unfortunate... Sometimes skipping four generations to horrify a happy couple, or maybe the curse begins manifesting when a poor man or woman is just entering puberty.

Remove ads