• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

FadedC

First Post
Andor said:
Very cool. Although this: "You can channel your fury to gain a +1 power bonus to your next attack roll against an enemy that hit you since your last turn. If your attack hits and deals damage, add an extra +1 damage." is an incredibly long-winded and awkward way to say +1 Att and Damage.

I believe it's actually +cha damage, but the warlord only has 12 cha.

Blackeagle

First Post
FitzTheRuke said:
I wonder what Skill Training Feats actually do, 'cause if it just gives you +5 to a single skill why on earth would you not multiclass instead?

Well, right now we've got 8 classes and 17 skills. Some skills probably aren't gettable using multiclass feats.

Lord Nat

First Post
I think they are showing us a INT based Warlord who is more based around moving people around and the boosting side of leader in place of the CHA based one that does healing.

Nikodemus

First Post
I wish tactical Presence and Tactical Assault had the same range requirement. It seems odd and inelegant to have one based on your LoS and the other based on the LoS of your allies.

"Tactical Presence: When an ally you can see spends an action point to make an attack, the ally gains a +2 bonus to the attack roll."

"Tactical Assault: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to make an attack, the attacks damage roll gains a +4 bonus."

MindWanderer

First Post
Nikodemus said:
What happened to "inspiring word"? Aren't warlords supposed to get healing powers?
That's a major oversight. Especially since warlords are supposed to be good at healing, and the warlord's one healing power (Aid the Injured) looks pretty crappy.

Edit: Interesting--looks like Steel Monsoon is based on Int rather than Str. Looks like a cool multiclass power.

Nikodemus

First Post
Lord Nat said:
I think they are showing us a INT based Warlord who is more based around moving people around and the boosting side of leader in place of the CHA based one that does healing.

If you multiclass into warlord, the one ability you get is inspiring word. It is THE defining ability of the class. I find it hard to believe that all multiclass warlords get the ability, while half of the actual warlords don't have it.

Colmarr

First Post
small pumpkin man said:
I think it's supposed to prevent things like cleave from getting the bonus damage.The powers article said that you only get bonus damage from such sources if you roll for damage, meaning it won't need that wording.

I imagine it's also phrased that way so that it doesn't apply to powers that still cause damage on a miss (such as, IIRC, the paladin daily On Pain of Death).

Nikodemus

First Post
MindWanderer said:
That's a major oversight. Especially since warlords are supposed to be good at healing, and the warlord's one healing power (Aid the Injured) looks pretty crappy.

Aid the injured is fine... for a level 2 utility power. It stacks up nicely with the clerics cure. But, yes, without inspiring word, the warlord is no healer. I agree with you on the "major oversight" thing. This is a far more egregious error than what we had on the half-elf.

Remove ads