• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

DonAdam

Explorer
Man, I made a nearly identical character a few days ago playing around, only he was an eladrin with commander's strike ('port into flanking, let the rogue sneak attack with a +4 bonus to hit). But also with correct stats. :p

Gee, so that's 2 for 6 of the KotS characters with missing abilities (the half-elf is the other). Not an impressive record of accuracy from the folks who are supposed to be the experts.

It makes me fear for the quality of the PHB.

Voss

First Post
Reaper Steve said:
When they fix this, I hope they also post the other 5 (and correct the half-elf.)

BTW, the tiefling is 6'0" and weighs 240lbs? Dang, bro... lay off the twinkies!

It isn't that bad, all that extra bone and that huge tail has to add some serious pounds.

Jhaelen

First Post
Eldorian said:
Hmm. I dunno. Maybe the creativity is figuring out what you can do that will complete the challenge, and the listed skills are guidelines. I'll need to read the DMG before making judgements. I have no idea how I'd ever figure that using the
heal
skill would complete the challenge in question, but maybe more creative players might.
It's similar to something that was suggested in the 3.0 adventure 'Speaker in Dreams':
A cleric could use a turn undead attempt to channel positive energy to close a portal to hell.

Bestopheles

First Post
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear in my earlier post. This *is* a mistake. I've seen the books, and as I posted in another thread, the Warlord's inspiring word is for all purposes identical to a clerics heal. 2 uses per encounter, healing surge +1d6 + a stat bonus (I think cha).

And yes, everyone does get it.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Reaper Steve said:
BTW, the tiefling is 6'0" and weighs 240lbs? Dang, bro... lay off the twinkies!

Well, he does have a tail and huge horns. Thos probably contribute some weight.

But yeah, his a big 'un, no question.

Edit: lol, 6 pages and still ninja'd!

Nikodemus

First Post
Bestopheles said:
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear in my earlier post. This *is* a mistake. I've seen the books, and as I posted in another thread, the Warlord's inspiring word is for all purposes identical to a clerics heal. 2 uses per encounter, healing surge +1d6 + a stat bonus (I think cha).

And yes, everyone does get it.

I thought that the +3 we were seeing on the pregen clerics was a result of including the class feature "Healing Lore". Should clerics be getting Healing Lore and an additional stat bonus, or do Warlords get an equivalent ability to healing lore?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
There bandwith or provider webspace is exhausted?

Okay, a little more "realistic" is that they also wanted to fit it onto 2 pages.

But I think the best explanation is that it is a mistake. It wouldn't be the first in their online material, and they really have to work on that!

Yeah, "space issue" seems to be code for "our editors are cross-eyed".

Seriously, if all the web releases are this bad, there is no way I'm going to pay for DDI. WOTC has been notoriously bad with their web service. Errors, delays, TERRIBLE site design...

I know I'm not dropping the cash unless it miraculously starts getting glowing reviews after it goes to a pay site.

And yeah, it's been beaten to death, but what is up with the art? It doesn't in any way match the character.

And I could be wrong, but I could have sworn they said Teiflings no longer have tails. :?

chaotix42

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
And yeah, it's been beaten to death, but what is up with the art? It doesn't in any way match the character.

And I could be wrong, but I could have sworn they said Teiflings no longer have tails. :?

I know! They should have given the tiefling a scythe. And I hope they keep their tails! It looks "cool."

Remove ads