• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

Cadfan

First Post
Random thoughts

1. The art mismatch still bugs me. It has for years.

2. The Inspiring Word thing has to be an oversight, or a "space issues" matter.

3. [sblock]I like that you can use skills for basic noncombat manipulations of arcane or divine energies. I rather wish there had been descriptions of how that works, or what it looks like, because its something very new. Perhaps this exists in the PHB?[/sblock]

4. Having a warlord around looks to be really useful. The daily that grants +5 to hit for the entire party versus a particular target is just amazing for big fights against dangerous solo enemies. If I were going to play a warlord, I'd spend some time working out how to make absolutely, positively sure that I was successful when I used that ability.

AlphaAnt

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
And I could be wrong, but I could have sworn they said Teiflings no longer have tails. :?

Uh, what? Did I miss something? I know I don't spend a heck of a lot of time here, but I wouldn't have missed that.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Cadfan said:
3. [sblock]I like that you can use skills for basic noncombat manipulations of arcane or divine energies. I rather wish there had been descriptions of how that works, or what it looks like, because its something very new. Perhaps this exists in the PHB?[/sblock]

That might be encounter-specific, related to the manipulation of the item in the challenge.

[sblock]That's how I think of using Endurance, anyway. I don't anticipate allowing that skill to dissipate arcane energies in most other situations.[/sblock]

Cadfan

First Post
GoodKingJayIII said:
That might be encounter-specific, related to the manipulation of the item in the challenge.
[sblock]I figured it was for endurance. I meant for Arcana and Religion.

Its also why I wish there were more descriptions of whats going on. I can envision the party fighter, a big, strong guy, stepping into coursing necrotic energy to protect his allies with his own body. But is that what's happening? Maybe if I had the actual KotS I'd understand better, because right now I really can't visualize what's going on in this particular challenge. IT doesn't help that I don't know what the ritual's about or where the necrotic energy is coming from.[/sblock]

Mengu

First Post
What I don't understand is, with barely the preview knowledge of 4e, we can spot an omission in 2 minutes, so how do people who should know the 4e PHB inside and out miss this stuff? I mean we're all human and make mistakes, but 2 obvious omissions in 6 characters is rather unfortunate.

On a brighter note, I was looking forward to seeing a tactical warlord, to help me decide which path I wanted to go. Both paths look good, but at this point I'm leaning toward the inspiring warlord. Now to decide whether I want Dragonborn, Half-elf, or Human...

Midknightsun

Explorer
BTW, the tiefling is 6'0" and weighs 240lbs? Dang, bro... lay off the twinkies!

I'm 5'9" and 210lbs, and I'm no fattie, so I don't think that's too far off the mark. Maybe beefy, but not obese, especially if we're taking into account strength. . . .plus yeah, those horns have to add something.

Westwind

First Post
I'm betting/hoping that the people who are in charge of editing web content are not the same people who are in charge of book content. I'm sure there will be a few glitches in PH 1.0, but not nearly as many as we've seen with the web content. Looks like no Insider for me, though.

Healing issues aside, it looks like the Warlord is perfectly designed to deal with all the "shifty" NPCs you encounter along the way in KotS.

greeny151

First Post
Ditto

Mengu said:
What I don't understand is, with barely the preview knowledge of 4e, we can spot an omission in 2 minutes, so how do people who should know the 4e PHB inside and out miss this stuff? I mean we're all human and make mistakes, but 2 obvious omissions in 6 characters is rather unfortunate.

I was thinking the very same thing. I wonder if WOTC would let me "proof" their stuff?

My main concern is with the core books, I really REALLY hope they don't have the same errors.

Remove ads