• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

Kesh

First Post
small pumpkin man said:
Yes, that was several months ago, but I find it extemely unlikely they just dropped the ability.

Uh, I think folks are either misreading or misremembering that article. Look again (emphasis mine):

Commanding Presence
Choose one of the following two benefits.

Inspiring Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action, that ally also regains lost hit points equal to one-half your level + your Charisma modifier.

Tactical Presence: When an ally you can see spends an action point to make an extra attack, the ally gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to one-half your Intelligence modifier.

The choice you make also provides bonuses to certain warlord powers. Individual powers detail the effects (if any) your Commanding Presence selection has on them.

So, a starting Warlord either has Inspiring Presence or Tactical Presence. The Tiefling Warlord in the PDF has the latter. The comment on "Inspiring Word" in the Warlord preview doesn't actually have any mechanics to it at all. I don't see any mistake here, just a build choice. More likely, there was extra fluff text/higher level Inspiration ability inserted into the preview article (Inspiring Word) by mistake.

Last edited:

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Kesh said:
So, a starting Warlord either has Inspiring Presence or Tactical Presence. The Tiefling Warlord in the PDF has the latter. The comment on "Inspiring Word" in the Warlord preview doesn't actually have any mechanics to it at all. I don't see any mistake here, just a build choice. More likely, there was extra fluff text/higher level Inspiration ability inserted into the preview article (Inspiring Word) by mistake.
As has been said elsewhere in this thread, Inspiring Word is a 1st level Class Feature of the Warlord just like the Cleric's Healing Word.

cthulhus_pinky

First Post
Bestopheles said:
Sorry guys, I should have been more clear in my earlier post. This *is* a mistake. I've seen the books, and as I posted in another thread, the Warlord's inspiring word is for all purposes identical to a clerics heal. 2 uses per encounter, healing surge +1d6 + a stat bonus (I think cha).

And yes, everyone does get it.

This is the first time that, out of all the zany things on this board, I am really nervous about how WotC is going to handle 4e. Someone on another thread said that they were not allowed to photocopy the character sheets in KotS and now they remove what some would argue as one of the most important feature, though not the only one, from their online extra character. What are they thinking?? I am afraid that they are still trying to hide things, at best, or at worst, they are incompetent, and that doesn't bode with their online services. I was planing to do the year sign up for DDI, but after this, and their past software/online transgressions...

All I can say is that the 3 core books better be... well better.

Blackeagle

First Post
Kesh said:

Well, according to Bestopheles:

Bestopheles said:
This *is* a mistake. I've seen the books, and as I posted in another thread, the Warlord's inspiring word is for all purposes identical to a clerics heal. 2 uses per encounter, healing surge +1d6 + a stat bonus (I think cha).

And yes, everyone does get it.

Stalker0

Legend
greeny151 said:
I was thinking the very same thing. I wonder if WOTC would let me "proof" their stuff?

My main concern is with the core books, I really REALLY hope they don't have the same errors.

I say everytime WOTC releases a DDI article, the release a "preview" of it the day before. Throw it up on teh boards. We will have that article polished and sparkling within 2 hours tops.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Stalker0 said:
I say everytime WOTC releases a DDI article, the release a "preview" of it the day before. Throw it up on teh boards. We will have that article polished and sparkling within 2 hours tops.

That would also solve the problem of paying for the final product which, while I'm happy to do, is no problem with me. :D

Voss

First Post
And whats particularly annoying is there is a nice chunk of dead space just to the right of the ability scores' block.

Tip to WotC: read before you post. Really, have someone with a book doublecheck it.

Also: Tactical Presence and Tactical Assault. Why are these just slightly different? They're related, so... why not make them consistent?

Last edited:

Remove ads