• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiefling Warlord for KotS + Extra Skill Challenge

WyzardWhately

First Post
Lizard said:
[sblock]Leaf on the Wind Warlord Utility1
You are a leaf on the wind.
Campaign✦ Any, Unexpected Sharp Metal Rod
Immediate Action
Target: Self
Attack: +25 vs. Audience Expectations
Hit: You die.[/sblock]

There can't be utility 1 powers, you don't get them until level 2.

I'd do it like this.

[sblock]Leaf on the Wind, Warlord Utility 8
"I am a leaf on the wind, see how I soar."
Daily * Any
Reaction
Effect: You may choose to automatically change the result of any die roll you have just made to a 20. This is considered a natural 20 for all purposes. If any attack or other effect during this encounter or skill challenge could deal damage to you, it automatically succeeds and you immediately die.[/sblock]

Asmor

First Post
Voss said:
On the other hand, its better than the cleric's cure light, since its encounter rather than daily

Well, not necessarily. It gives you more healing in combat situations, since it's per encounter, but CLW gives you more healing overall because it doesn't burn a healing surge.

I think in most situations it is probably better than CLW, but it's definitely not strictly better, and there are situations where the warlord power is entirely useless (because the guy who needs healing already burned his surges) but CLW could still save his bacon.

Scalding

First Post
I'm happy to see Inspiring Word finally added to the sheet, but I'm surprised that it's a straight d6. I expected d6+Cha. Perhaps it is a d6+Wis, just like for the Cleric, because the Tiefling's Wis Mod is +0. Can anyone clear this up?

Lizard said:
[sblock]Leaf on the Wind Warlord Utility1
You are a leaf on the wind.
Campaign✦ Any, Unexpected Sharp Metal Rod
Immediate Action
Attack: +25 vs. Audience Expectations
Hit: You die.[/sblock]
Glad you're already beginning serious 4E design work. ;)

Dang, I only saw Firefly a few weeks ago. Should i watch it again?

MindWanderer

First Post
Scalding said:
I'm happy to see Inspiring Word finally added to the sheet, but I'm surprised that it's a straight d6. I expected d6+Cha. Perhaps it is a d6+Wis, just like for the Cleric, because the Tiefling's Wis Mod is +0. Can anyone clear this up?
Since the warlord lacks the Healer's Lore class feature, this is what should have been expected. Presumably, only one of the available cleric builds gets Healer's Lore, and the other option(s) are no better at healing than the warlord.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Scalding: It's possible that it's Wis based, but I doubt it. It's likely you have to spend a feat or take an optional Warlord feature to get it. The cleric's Healing Word wis bonus is an optional cleric feature, not a standard part of the healing word power.

Fitz

Cadfan

First Post
There's also a feat called Inspiring Recovery, which I bet augments this ability. Maybe lets it grant a saving throw or something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads