• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tiers Excerpt (merged)

Pistonrager

First Post
Lizard said:
Antimatter dragons.
Cthulhu, and his big brother.
Pantheons as encounters. ("We need 2 greater gods, 2 lesser gods, and 4 demigod minions.")
Unicron.

I can see it now.... a knockdown drag out fight between the Norse Pantheon and the Chinese pantheon. Should be interesting to see if the Chinese pantheon knows about Baulders weakness....

Mr Jack

First Post
Jack99 said:
Seems like it, yes.

Not to me, it doesn't. The article states that it assumes you will upgrade your powers to higher level ones. It looks to me like you get new powers at higher levels but they take slots you already have. So you get new at will powers; but not more powers available to you at one time.

srn

First Post
Lizard said:
Does this mean there are no heroic-tier flying monsters?

Just from some DDM cards I have lying around, the following all fly:

Shadowhunter Bat - 3rd level
Griffon - 7th level
Gargoyle - 9th level

I think it means no overland flight, only short-term flight, and even that will be limited.

I think it also means no flying monsters with ranged attacks who can stay out of the PC's range.

Jack99

Adventurer
Mr Jack said:
Not to me, it doesn't. The article states that it assumes you will upgrade your powers to higher level ones. It looks to me like you get new powers at higher levels but they take slots you already have. So you get new at will powers; but not more powers available to you at one time.

Notice in bold below. I think I am right.

4e PHB said:
You know two at-will powers from your class; remember to increase damage if your level is 21st or higher. The Powers by Class Level table summarizes the number and levels of powers you have in the other categories. These totals are not cumulative. The table assumes that you replace your lowest-level powers with those at higher levels, but you can keep lower-level ones if you wish.

Hellzon

First Post
Noone caught this?
For magic items, choose one item of your level +1, one item of your level, and one item of your level –1. In addition, you have gold pieces equal to the value of one magic item of your level –1. You can spend this money on rituals, potions, or other magic items, or save it for later.
So rituals cost money (probably concealed as "material components"). Might not be universal, but it could keep adventuring parties from solving everything with Overland Flight.

EDIT:
4. Choose Skills. Make sure you meet skill prerequisites for a paragon path or epic destiny, if applicable.
Groan. I hope those prerequisites are a lot looser than Prestige class prerequisites in 3.x.
Like: "Prince of Knaves: Be trained in one of Thievery, Acrobatics or Bluff."

Last edited:

HeinorNY

First Post
Jack99 said:
Seems like it, yes.
Lizard said:
So, there's no higher level 'at will' powers? I missed that. Presumably, the 1st level ones automatically scale?
I think there ARE higher level At-Will powers because all At-Will powers we've seen so far have a Level in their description, such as "Magic Missile Wizard Attack 1"

Jack99

Adventurer
ainatan said:
I think there ARE higher level At-Will powers because all At-Will powers we've seen so far have a Level in their description, such as "Magic Missile Wizard Attack 1"

As opposed to Magic Missile Wizard Attack 21? Wouldn't it make more sense, that if you get new At-will-powers, that they were included in the table we have dissected all morning?

Gargazon

First Post
Hellzon said:
Noone caught this?

So rituals cost money (probably concealed as "material components"). Might not be universal, but it could keep adventuring parties from solving everything with Overland Flight.

EDIT:

Groan. I hope those prerequisites are a lot looser than Prestige class prerequisites in 3.x.
Like: "Prince of Knaves: Be trained in one of Thievery, Acrobatics or Bluff."

Well, atleast it's only skills. There's nothing there about requiring feats, and as all skills are likely to be useful at some point in an adventure, I see absolutely no problem.

Atleast now you don't have to go to the continent of X and train with the Y, lick a goat, then complete challenge Z by yourself to get into a prestige class paragon path :D

HeinorNY

First Post
Jack99 said:
As opposed to Magic Missile Wizard Attack 21? Wouldn't it make more sense, that if you get new At-will-powers, that they were included in the table we have dissected all morning?
Maybe yes, maybe no. But if all At-Will powers are level 1, and all of them deal more damage at level 21, there is really no reason to assign level to them.

phil500

First Post
I dont understand the table. can someone explain what this, for example, means?

12th: P, 7, 3, 1 (space) 9, 5, 1 (space) P, 10, 6, 2

Remove ads