Time For Another Round Of Iron Dm!!!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ouch!

I leave within the next 15 minutes to catch a plane for a business trip... I am not available until Thursday evening. =(

(see page 1!)

If by some happenstance I have easy computer access, I will pop back in and post. I can always work on the entry in my downtime as long as I have until, say 8:00 pm thursday to post it.

That would give me time to get home from the airport and get in front of my computer.

Wulf

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Wulf, don't sweat it - your round can wait a day. . . plus - not sure RG is around. . We can try to get yours started tomorrow evening or Friday morning. . .

Where you going?

Rune

Once A Fool
nemmerle said:
Well, actually - in both entires there are "armies of driders" - which typically (according to the MM) really shouln't be.

It was a small army...

Now Rune's entry is very ambitious.. . Leaving aside the army of driders (which I mentioned above) and the strange "war" with drow - the sundial tower itself is brilliant idea - and while I generally chafe at the idea of chronomancy - it works well here - however, there is one problem with this scenario - a BIG GLARING problem - If the sundial being blocked from sunlight caused that negative stasis effect - how come it never happened on the first very overcast day? Or what about at night?

D'oh! I thought I was pretty clear about that, but I guess not. The effect was triggered by the first break in the continual progress of the shadow, so nighttime would not hinder it. And, if you will recall, the tower was set above the cloud-line; this was done for a reason--to negate the possibility of cloud cover doing just what the web does.

However, I think this problem could likely be fixed pretty easily (by making it a combination of events that lead to the result - not just the drider's web) - and based on the good characters (the aselfish collector, the albino drider and the barbarian were-bear dwarf "spider-hunter") and on neatness of the location itself I will give this round to Rune

Good suggestion for a more fleshed-out version! It could always use some more complexities! The albino drider was the most fun--creepy and cruel!

As one last comment, Rune's story hook was VERY good - as it allowed for a variety of ways for the party to get there - from happening to pass by the village while searching for a way across the mountains to seeking out the works of the crazy sage.

Actually, the hook was the hardest part, but I figured that once the PCs got into the buildling, curiosity would drive them through the adventure.

And, for what it's worth, I liked the triptych mirror idea, NJ!

Thanks, all!

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
A glimmer of hope

Wulf will be tired and wrung out after a business trip! Short folk rejoice! The Gnome has a Chance in Hell!

-rg
Vice President of Peanuts and Pretzels
Gnome and Halfling Alliance for Shorter Tables (GHAST)

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Ok. . .

Round 2

Ingredients for Wicht & Rune

Beggars
Corrupt Fire Priest
Defiled Graves
Penitent Undead
Sacred Plants
Tainted Blood

According to my clock it is 11:40 am - you have 24 hours.

Last edited:

ninjajester

First Post
i am shamed. now i must commit seppuku. nem, will you hold my katana and assist, so that i will not shame myself further?

as an aside, i tried to make the paragraph breaks with indentations, but i guess i didn't pay as much attention to the final text as i should have (*!@#!*%! cut and paste from word!).

in the end, it was the time limit that killed me. all of nem's questions were things i planned on addressing, but i can keep rewriting and editing forever unless i stop myself. oh well, there's always next time.

congratulations, rune. the albino drider was a great idea.

Remove ads