• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time-hopping campaign help

DJCupboard

Explorer
Hi all,

I've just started conceptualizing a new campaign that runs in both traditional 5e and an updated Urban Arcana (also using 5e rules). It will either be an issue of reincarnation or time displacement, but played roughly simultaneously in both time frames, with different versions of the characters in each.

Has anyone tried running something like this before? I'm looking for pitfalls to avoid, or additional inspiration.

Thanks!

AlmirEldignor

Explorer
I dunno about pitfalls, but including the past characters in the future version as a legend/myth, or even in a book that slowly fills itself out as the characters in the past progress, could be really entertaining. Perhaps consider having an artifact that exists in the same condition for both groups, to help tie things together and feel less like 2 separate games

Rhineglade

Adventurer
Sounds like a neat idea. Would the players be able to take objects with them from time zone to time zone? Check out the Nintendo game Chronotrigger. That might give you some cool inspiration.

DJCupboard

Explorer
I've got an idea that the two disparate story lines would end up overlapping, and that the two groups would end up swapping time frames to win.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads