• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Time Master

DoctorB

First Post
Hey, does anyone know what ever happened to the old RPG Time Master? The game was originally published by a company called "54 40 Orphyte". I am looking to port it into d20 (or find someone who already has).

ValhallaGH

Explorer
There's a time manipulation setting, complete with appropriate feats, in the back of the True 20 core book. It's not normal d20, but it's close enough that converting to other systems is a snap. Plus, True 20 is a solid system in itself and from what (little) I've seen in play it runs extremely smoothly even in awkward situations such as grappling.

Kenson

First Post
DoctorB said:
Hey, does anyone know what ever happened to the old RPG Time Master? The game was originally published by a company called "54 40 Orphyte".
Actually, TimeMaster was originally published by Pacesetter (which also originally published Chill and StarAce), 54 40 Orphyte picked up the game and the rights after Pacesetter folded. To my knowledge the game is basically in limbo: Orphyte released a couple adventures (based on con demos, I believe) and that's been it for years.

DoctorB

First Post
Thanks for the info!
It looks like I can get the original Time Master still if I want to. I may also check out the True20 system. Sounds interesting.
I am planning to write some one-offs for it for PirateCat's get togethers but I dont want to have to teach a new system.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I strongly recommend True20. It's fun, streamlined D&D that uses a system similar to Mutants and Masterminds. I'd be psyched to play it if you find it a good match.

Remove ads