• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tinkering with the druid

trav_laney

First Post
MongooseFamiliar said:
I suppose that is a playstyle thing, there. I most often used my wildshape to sneak around and listen to things that a human couldn't (like assassins plotting a murder), so removing wildshape would remove a lot of the enjoyment for me. If you want to do the foil-wrapped potato thing, that is fine too, I suppose.
One of my players played a fairly successful rogue/druid back in the day, that did exactly what you describe. In addition to spying on the enemy and collecting information, he was downright scary when making sneak attacks in tiger form.

Personally, I prefer the "stormy" druids...lots of lightning and wind, weather control, flying around creating havoc. When I play a druid, I usually end up taking the Stormlord prestige class.

Suzaku said:
Question why would you play this class over a cleric with the same domains?

Good question. My guess (take it with a grain of salt, since I'm opposed to the changes) is the wild empathy class feature, the spell list, and the class abilities (like alter self at will...though I suppose if you lose wild shape, you lose that as well).

It's a good point though. With the changes the OP made, why is this "druid" more desirable to play than a cleric?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads