• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(title deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wippit Guud

First Post
I remember running into a 'monty hall' campaign back in 1e, a group of guys going around killing gods and such. And they dared me to try to kill them.

And so, I created the 1000x1000 ft platinum castle, and the first floor was just one big throne room. When they got to 500', the celing collapsed. TPK.

I win :)

Last edited:

drnuncheon

Explorer
Pax said:

Just wait for Epic levels, and take enough "Increased Spell Capacity" feats to slap a "Delay Spell" metamagic on the Apocalypse-from-the-sky spell.

Cast it, cast a quickened Magic Mouth that counts down to the zero-hour (a la Aliens, "All personell have X seconds to reach minimum safe distance" ...).

Then cast a Teleport w/o Error, and BAIL.

Make popcorn, sit back, and watch the fireworks from the top of a mountain ... some 350 miles away. Nuke an entire small nation, just for your evening's entertainment. LOL.

...and then suffer the 4d6 Con damage and 3d6 Wisdom drain from casting it. (or was it the other way around? But don't forget the stat damage just for memorizing it!)

Heh.

It's pretty much a one-time spell per caster.

Originally posted by Edena_of_Neith

Mystra is the neutral good diety of magic.
Yet all this evil magic, is an aspect of Mystra (no, it is not an aspect of Shar. That's the Shadow Weave, with it's own Vile spells.)

Hang on...nobody's called you on this, but...

You're using a spell from Relics & Rituals (not even WOTC) and one from Book of Vile Darkness (non-core default D&D/Greyhawk, not FR) as evidence that Mystra's alignment is wrong? How can you expect the FR designers to justify their deities against non-FR stuff? That's just plain goofy.

BTW, I notice that you didn't mention that Denev's Fury has an XP cost higher than wish - and one that increases each time you cast the spell. That's a major balancing factor right there (although not quite as nasty as the one for AftS...)

J

Arcturus_Rugend

First Post
...and then suffer the 4d6 Con damage and 3d6 Wisdom drain from casting it. (or was it the other way around? But don't forget the stat damage just for memorizing it!)
\

Enter the Mystic Theurge, Contingency, and Restoration. Since the ability damage and the Restoration would both occur instantaneously, I think you'd be good to go. :D

"Have fun storming the castle!"

drnuncheon

Explorer
Arcturus_Rugend said:
\

Enter the Mystic Theurge, Contingency, and Restoration. Since the ability damage and the Restoration would both occur instantaneously, I think you'd be good to go. :D

Normally I'd argue that it's not quite kosher to mix a previewed 3.5e class with a 3.0 supplement when testing the supplement for brokenness - after all, it's obviously whatever came later that did the breaking - but since it's a Corrupt spell, it can be used by clerics and there's no need for the Mystic Theurge at all.

On the other hand, I can't recall if you can use restoration to heal the damage taken from casting Corrupt spells. It would sort of put a damper on the whole 'cost' thing if you could, and I suspect that - like XP spent on spells, or backlash on Epic spells - it can't be healed so easily.

Furthermore, I'd say that if the Con damage killed you, you were SOL anyway. You have to take the damage to be cured of it, and if the damage kills you then the restoration doesn't do you much good...

J

SpikeyFreak

First Post
For those who don't know (and especially those defending the characer....):

Edena was played in SEVERAL campaigns. At several levels.

When edena gained a level in any game, a level would be added to the "real" character.

Thus if he was played to level 5 in 5 games, edena was "really" level 25.

--Informative Spikey

Last edited:

Arcturus_Rugend

First Post
The ability damage or drain is normal, AFAIK. I couldn't find anything to indicate otherwise. The Mystic Theurge was included because Contingency is a Sorc/Wiz spell, but I suppose you could duplicate it with Miracle, anyway.

I don't know how the CON drain thing would resolve, though. You have a pretty good point there, so you'd need some other boost to CON via spell or item.

Still, it's a nasty setup if you can do it.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Thus if he was played to level 5 in 5 games, edena was "really" level 25.

Does that include level 1? If I started ten games with the same level 1 character, could I have a level 10 "real" character floating around somewhere?

-Hyp.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:

Does that include level 1? If I started ten games with the same level 1 character, could I have a level 10 "real" character floating around somewhere?

And what the heck is a "real" character anyway?

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads