TMP Business list

Jetbomb24

First Post
For those who's speedometer needle is permanently embedded in the little piece of plastic on the other side of the gauge (like my mother and grandpa); you can probibly get there in about 6 hours or less depending on the time of day :)

Just two points I'd like to point out... Isn't that fairly close to a US army base and there's some spots that are a shorter drive and as sparsily populated in central NY (though the latter point is likely irrelivant with the nearby canadian boarder and major cities)

W

Winter__

not at all, there is no military base there though in the futures whos to say there is not..

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

jetbomb24 said:
Isn't that fairly close to a US army base
Yep, there is indeed - two well known bases within distance of a day trip in the region. Fort Drum is near Watertown, New York, along the western edge of the state, where numerous military personel involved in the recent real-world wars were sent from. There's also Fort Ticonderoga on the eastern side of the North Country in Clinton County close to the Vermont state border and Lake Champlain, but that's more of a historical site and has been inactive for quite a while.
there's some spots that are a shorter drive and as sparsily populated in central NY.
Also yep. I was measuring the 7 hour drive time from larger towns like Potsdam and Massena. Watertown would be another of the larger cities in the county, and likely be a bit shorter drive as long as you know the way through the state. Much if not most of the area is, like Franklin County (where I live), rural farm country and the main businesses that succeed up here are industrial factories (Bombardier set up a manufacturing plant in the old Air Force base in Plattsburgh [Clinton County]) and, though it's not exactly travel brochure worthy, prisons and correctional facilities (we have 3 of them in my town) that are home to many low-risk criminals from around the state.

W

Winter__

i ment that there is no base from what the maps said in St. lawrence near the main I.C.E building.. lol

and thanks for all the fun facts of prisons near and around

Jetbomb24

First Post
I was considering the placement of a business that worked with said military base. Drove up that way a few times and noticed the base. Checked it out on a map and found out the base's land mass is the size of a county or two.
Oh and as for the placement of my previously mentioned business... I IDed locations near Rome and Amsterdam, particularly because of a short drive and the possibility of the area being declared an Empire Zone

Empire Zone: A plot of land for commercial use where the businesses that use it are granted special, sizable tax breaks by the state to entice economic development

(you know... maybe I should get a couple of NYers, gather up all I and they can think of about the state, and put out a weekly or so article of info about the state, call it source material, and tell everyone interested to go wild with it...*partly/primarily joking*)

Oh, and yeah... there's loads of prisons all over the place... there's one within a mile or 2 of the local boyscout camp... (*not joking* we can hear the morning calisthenics from the winter cabins)

W

Winter Alexander

well i have a site up though it is under construction.

the site is for Tech Security Agentcy, and all affiliated with it, the second largest piece of I.C.E Global.. its specificly made to look like a business site, if you want to know about characters or PC involved you will need to do some investigation, and i will be more then happy to hand over much info.. i wont have all there dirty laundry out for everyone to see..

have fun and i hope you enjoy.

Jetbomb24

First Post
Submition for new business

Name: ChronoTech
Specialty: On demand part, assembly, and final product creation; certified technician training; Military testing and research
Headquarters: London, England
NY office: Trinity Pl. and Thames St.

CronoTech was founded in 1986 by NGS Consulting of Germany and the British/Danish manufacturing group Alloy Kracht. CronoTech works with various companies and businesses to provide company approved technicians and to train technicians for various agencies and businesses. They also manufacture and help deliver parts and equipment on demand on all seven continents along with research into new technologies and manufacturing processes. CronoTech has 6 manufacturing plants around the world, the newest being a research and manufacturing facility north of Rome, NY. They also have 10 regional offices and other facilities with their main corporate offices in London.

CronoTech maintains connections with various companies and builds both parts and finished products of various types on demand. This provides companies and agencies anywhere in the world with critically needed equipment when then need it. Now. In addition, they also maintain technician certification programs in all fields for numerous companies and provide on demand technician access world wide.

CronoTech has maintained a fairly small presence in the business world, yet maintained steady dividends for its few stockholders and fairly sizable profits over the years. Their recent claim to fame has been a number of inquiries into questionable practices and actions by some relatively low ranking employees. Most recently, questions have been raised about the Empire Zone that their new facility has been built on and the ties to Fort Drum.

Pending offical approval, I would be open to creating ties between characters and businesses (on or below level) and CronoTech. My intent is to leave it a fairly open slate with myself keeping tabs on it so nothing gets way out of hand. I think they might be a decent "semi-corrupt" company that could be used for later storylines.

N

news collum

I.C.E global would not mind having a personnel training outfit for there company, i would think that would be a neat idea.

oh and I.C.E.'s T.S.A site is up, there will be no I.C.E site as most info and contact info is invite only, this goes for the lawfirm and Industries

this site is still under construction, but it gives abit of info for T.S.A. more will be added as T.S.A. is the public visual to the Corporation.

http://www.geocities.com/winter_c_alexander/

Remove ads