• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To Con the Con-man

Megan Voss

First Post
megan-voss-albums-hera-off-war-thread-picture1483-hera.jpg
: Hera is cut and annoyed now. Blinded only to the mephit's attacks and not the companions quips, she can't help but feel this conflict is going sour. But that is only a momentary conclusion. Until these foul creatures lay dead at her feet, she will continue to fight them. Visionless or not.

Fighting defensively now, the tall woman cuts downwards toward the foe that afflicts her. Confident that the monster's proximity to herself will not endanger the companions by her swing.

Sadly all she gleans open is empty space, missing in her attack against the belching beast. Remiss, she growls at her futile attempt. Her voice is confident and harsh, mixed with enough volume to echo in the chamber.

"I can't see whats going on! Finish these creatures fellows! Or pull me towards the door!"

ooc: attack: standard. voice: free. fight def: -4atk,+2ac. Hp7. Ac13.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
With a sinking feeling, Alden realised that SOMEONE needed to take charge of the situation. Lord high-and-mighty doesn't know what the :):):):) is going on, AND he's so incapable of leading people he might as well be a blasted chamber pot!

Glancing around, he quickly took stock of the worsening situation. Tio looks like he's got the whacking under control. If I'm wrong and wrecking it doesn't banish the demons, we're in trouble... Since no-one else is taking charge, guess I got the short straw.

"'era! Listen t'sound o'my voice 'n' don'it me! Them demons' be all 'round ya' 'n' can reg'n'rate 'r som'ten. We goin't 'it t'same one t'gether 'n' kill't. On ya' left in 3...2...1...NOW!" he shouted, timing his movements to coincide with his voice.

[sblock=ooc]
Move action: Moving around the rings to set up a flank with Hera. Pretty sure it can be done in 30', but can't see a map.
Std action: Attack! Am presuming with a flank. If not, we can revise any actual results... Missed anyway. How surprising. :|
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The healing mepjit stays in the smoke and reaches to attack Tio as he swings at the machine. A scratch across the face catches the man off guard but he continues to wail on the device. It whirls awkwardly and looks to be on it's last leg.

Alden gets behind the mephit and as he thrust the creature catches his forearm with a nasty clawed hand drawing blood. Alden think smaybe he should draw attention to himself so much in a fight.

[sblock=Status]
Code:
Character         AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Mephit1           17  [COLOR=Orange]10[/COLOR]  none/fast healing 2
Mephit2           17  13  none/none
Alexander         12   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  rapier/none
Tio               17   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  crowbar/none
Alden             14   [COLOR=Orange]8[/COLOR]  s.sword/none
Hera              [COLOR=Yellow]13[/COLOR][COLOR=Orange]   7[/COLOR]  g.sword/[COLOR=Cyan][I]blinded[/I][/COLOR]
Device            00   [COLOR=Orange]2[/COLOR]  none/hardness 5
[/sblock]

OCC: NO need for map place is so small your movements need not be noted.

Last edited:

Megan Voss

First Post
megan-voss-albums-hera-off-war-thread-picture1483-hera.jpg
: Aided by Alden's voice, Hera continues to attack the nearest flailing creature. Sight or not, she would enjoy hearing these devils scream. She leaned into her strike and gave the Mephit a powerful attack.

Unable to connect, Hera grunts at her plight. Even with allies close by this fight is still a time consuming one.

ooc. pwr atk: standard. Hp7. Ac11.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Son of a bitch that STINGS!! Fighting's for fools...its too tiring, too painful and just plain stupid.

"Yer sword.....be too big....'era. They be dodgin' it.....easy like. On one 'gain....3...2...1...NOW" Alden called out, thrusting his bleeding arm and sword forward. He succeeded in hitting nothing but plain air, pulling up just inches short of the lunging Hera.

OOC: This attacking malarkey is such a waste of time for me. I hate e-Dice!!!!!! >:-(

"YOU!" he shouted after recovering from his mis-strike, and pointing at Alexander with his spare hand, "Farkin' 'elp or get t'fark outta 'ere."

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
Alexander was not amused at the slightest by the growing fiasco; he needed to vent, and scaring something that was annoying him to death in a langue it may or may not understand? Causing one of the things terror seemed like the thing to do.

Alexander stomped over to the previously ignored mephit and frowned.
His left eye twitched
He went off on the aired thing .

“What do any of you mongrels think you are!?” he galled with ghastly ire that reverberated through the air “Mere shadows of things that I step upon!” the he whaled while making a failed attempt to brutally stomp mepjit forthwith.
“And soon you shall be naught even that!” he roared at the thing while leaning into it and nearly striking it with a pummel blow that struck the ground and produced a wooden crack.

He then rose and loomed over it, turned down his head so that only the furrus glow of his golden eyes could be seen from his face, and a twiching grin that shined with mallice.

[sblock=OoC] + 3 vs + 13:p[/sblock][sblock=OoC]
Also, unless someone else can speak what amounts to air elemental, no one can understand Alex right now, except maybe the mepjits :3

Actions: Move towards Mephit 2 and intimadate the hell out of it with gusto! :3

PS: tryed fixing the duel OoC, but it just would not let me :/ [/sblock]

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
I think he's finally gone insane! Eye twitching...shouting and raving in a nonsense language... Yep. Insane. And holding a sword...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Tio's eyes widen in shock as the creature scrapes him. For the first time, he realizes that he's in a real life or death fight. Tio frantically bashes the machine, hoping that once the machine is gone, the mephits will go with it...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tio takes and finishes off the crazy machine as he knocks one of the arms free and it falls to the floor. The other arm starts to crack as the stress of something unseen pulls at it.

The smoke surges out and the dark spot in the center of the room grows and the mephit's cry out in jubilation.

Those cries are stopped short as suddenly the dark spot starts to suck in everything around it. The smoke, papers, and anything not nailed down and to light to resist starts to make it way into the center of the dark void.

The mephit's are made mostly of smoke and they too get pulled in towards the center of the odd circle. The claw at the floor and the ruined pieces of the machine as they are dragged into the darkness and lost from sight.

The terrible wind continues for a few seconds more before the void shrinks to the size of a child's ball, and with one last *whoosh* it sucks up a few pieces of paper and then vanishes completely, leaving the four heroes in the messed up room alone and alive.

The odd weather vain at the top of the machine wobbles like a top before coming to a halt in the rooms center.

OCC: Combat Over

Remove ads