• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To GOO/DP9: D20 Mecha Compenium Q

ascendance

First Post
I love the book. I think there are lots of great ideas, and tons of great art. However, I have a few rules questions. I'm sure most of these will be addressed when D20 Mecha comes out, but until then...

1) What does Maneuver do? Does it modify the Dex of the user? The Dex modifier to AC? As a related question, does the pilot's Dex affect the Mech's AC in any way?

2) What does x2 or x3 Automatic do under the D20 Modern rules?

3) How do mecha save? Do they use the pilot's saves? This is particularly important with regards to the Weapon Restriction: Dangerous listed in the Cities and Empire setting.

Also, it would be useful if each mecha came with a 'control zone' in D20 Mecha, for those who play D&D with lots of figures and things. I also hope someone writes up some of the larger vehicles in GK, HG, or JC.

Marc A. Vezina

First Post
ascendance said:
I love the book. I think there are lots of great ideas, and tons of great art. However, I have a few rules questions. I'm sure most of these will be addressed when D20 Mecha comes out

Definitely. I'll try to help out a bit...

1) What does Maneuver do?

It adds to any check made to maneuver the mecha.

As a related question, does the pilot's Dex affect the Mech's AC in any way?

Mecha don't have an AC, they have a Defense, which is modified by pilot Feats, current speed and maneuvers. d20 mecha has more on this.

For now, give a modifier to Defense according to speed, varying from +1 (walking fast) to +4 (running) to +8 (maximum speed).

2) What does x2 or x3 Automatic do under the D20 Modern rules?

Double the affected area for automatic fire and increase the DC check by 5 to dodge, per add. level of Automatic fire. There are more options available, but that should do for now.

3) How do mecha save? Do they use the pilot's saves? This is particularly important with regards to the Weapon Restriction: Dangerous listed in the Cities and Empire setting.

If I remember correctly, you can use the pilot's save, yes. I think it also depends on the mecha's class level. I don't have the rules nearby. See d20 Mecha. (Sorry.)

Also, it would be useful if each mecha came with a 'control zone' in D20 Mecha, for those who play D&D with lots of figures and things.

Keep in mind mecha use the same size classification as monsters, so just treat them as appropriately-sized creatures.

I also hope someone writes up some of the larger vehicles in GK, HG, or JC.

You'll get them once we get around to re-publish the game line in the new dual-statted format. :D

---
Marc A. Vezina
DP9

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads