To Slay A Dragon: a traditional adventure for PATHFINDER RPG Kickstarter Project

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'll admit that I never played nor owned Night Below (my loss, no doubt), but this sounds far and away more like Dragon Mountain to me.

It has a dragon in a dungeon at the end of it, sure. :)

The Night Below comparison is only the first book - it was a sandboxy rural village county called Haranshire with loads of little sub-quests going on. Then the second two books went into the underdark, which is where TO SLAY A DRAGON diverges.

Dragon Mountain is a lot more "mega-dungeony" than TO SLAY A DRAGON. The dungeon is the focus of Dragon Mountain, whereas iTO SLAY A DRAGON focuses equally on each of the three parts: the sandbox village and the start, the wilderness journey, and then the dungeon. Dragon Mountain, as I recall, has a "gather some clues and find the mountain" section at the beginning.

So, yeah, it has things in common with both. It starts more like Night Below, and ends more like Dragon Mountain, and has more emphasis on the middle bit than either. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We're nearly halfway to the first goal!

If we make it there by the end of today, I'll write an additional quest for the Hengistbury area. I'll need some help speading the news about the Kickstarter, though!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We just hit our first funding goal. Thank you everybody!

The second funding goal - $2000 - is for an additional 32-page sourcebook detailing the Hengistbury area. So keep those pledges coming - every penny makes this project a little better!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Just under halfway towards our second goal - another $500 or so and everyone will get a 32-page sandbox-style Hengistbury sourcebook. So please keep pledging, and keep spreading the word!

Will player characters be able to bath in dragon blood at the end to gain "superpowers"/damage or energy reduction? (maybe something like a 4E Boon).

I know the game has dragonscale armor and stuff like that, but bathing in dragon blood seems to be more... mythical.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is marvellous! With 6 day to go, we've just passed the $4000 mark. That's two stretch goals blown through, meaning that all contributors will be getting the extra Hengistbury sourcebook and the NPC portraits.

Remove ads