• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To the noble BORN 6/9/08 (finished)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
“At this point I think we all need to stay together, anyway we wouldn’t get far without his horse.
then Craig begins to pace, alternating staring up the road and across the fields where the rider was last seen.

After Kerin digs a minute, several Halflings led by Chania come over to help. Craig continues to pace back and forth. The work goes faster with many hands, and when you finish, the Halflings wipe off their sweat of honest exertion and exchange warm smiles and friendly nods.

Xaros and Cait : [sblock] a search of the building reveals a false back in a cabinet, containing - a chunk of amber with an insect trapped inside. It is wrapped in a note “In case of attack, once per day, say alfaerun, remember to pick up after use.” [/sblock]

OOC: Did anyone else help with the burial?
Xaros' Search 8+13=21
What marching order are you taking when setting off again?

WarShrike

First Post
"Fascinating" exclaims Xaros as he holds up the gem for his companions. "A magical trinket. I love magical trinkets. Says here it's useable once a day. I suspect it summons some kind of guardian. Most likely a giant insect, judging by the contents."

Xaros waits expectantly for a moment to allow any of his companions to claim it. If no one does, he slips it quietly into one of his pouches, as well as the note.

Jack of Tales

First Post
WarShrike said:
"Fascinating" exclaims Xaros as he holds up the gem for his companions. "A magical trinket. I love magical trinkets. Says here it's useable once a day. I suspect it summons some kind of guardian. Most likely a giant insect, judging by the contents."

Xaros waits expectantly for a moment to allow any of his companions to claim it. If no one does, he slips it quietly into one of his pouches, as well as the note.

Cait smiles at him and gestures with an open hand. Since you are so fond of them, why don't you take it?

knight_isa

First Post
Rayburn only goes about halfway back before turning around and watching in the direction of the fleeing rider with a concerned look on his face. He eventually returns to the gully and keeps watch from there.

Dekana

Explorer
Lily stands over the finished grave with a mild frown, as if something just hurt her personally. "Well everyone, if I may say a few words for the deceased. I did not have the pleasure of knowing this farmer in life. But he has kept a healthy field, a modest living area, and had someone in his life who cared enough about him to give a protective trinket." (The lot of good it did him)

"We mourn for the deceased and give prayer that his spirit may find comfort - and the safety he did not find in life - with his relatives in the beyond. We give prayer that news of his passing will reach any of his family members both swiftly and gently. We also give prayer that his murderer will brought to justice before he has the chance to harm anyone else." Lily motions to the others for a silent prayer (or moment of silence) then mounts her Pony once more.

To the nobles, she says "I suspect it will be up to us to make real that last prayer. Are we ready to track down the murderer before he disappears into the next kingdom?"

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The other halflings bow their heads in silence and give reassuring pats to Kerin and Lily as they return to the wagons. Craig pulls his wagons back, behind you mounted nobles, and walks beside Kerin and Swift with the lead wagon.

After traveling about an hour with the slow moving wagons, you come up over a small ridge. 100’ away, and slightly below, you see ten scale-armored men in grey uniforms, riding horses down the road. Behind them is a single man mounted on a familiar warhorse, He has black hair and an eye-patch, with a scarf covering his nose and mouth. The “farmer” you last saw riding the warhorse is walking beside his stirrup.

Lily’s prayer for justice may need a little work to implement, but the tracking is easy.
Xaros recognizes the men in gray as mercenaries such as his family often employs, you think they are based out of Bremenburg.

OOC: Xaros’ bardic knowledge 10+5 =15
You have initiative.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"My venegance shall not be denied again. Keef unharness Swift." orders Kerin as he unlsings his bow and nocks an arrow.

OOC: holding the attack for the moment.

WarShrike

First Post
Xaros draws and loads his crossbow. "Mercenaries, ladies and gentlemen. For a moment there i thought he was going to set the local guardsmen on us. Say... i wonder if we might make them a better offer. Their employer is a murderer and a scoundrel after all, and they'd certainly make a better name for themselves by aiding nobility rather than assaulting it. Anyone want to parlay with them before the feathers start to fly?"

Remove ads