Toasterferret's Council of Thieves

Slithy

First Post
Maurea takes her potions from the bag, eyes them for a second and stows them in her belt.
"We should probably get moving." She unslings her shield from her back from her back, draws her finely wrought weapon and strides down the corridor after their "host", Janiven.
She nods to Noa at his station below the door.
She looks at the unarmed Leonixx, "You never need fear injury while you are near me, what I cannot block with this'" indicates her shield, " I can repair."

bayushiyojiro

First Post
"Ahh, milady. My worry is quelled... My life is in your... kind... soft, and thoroughly capable hands."

Leo smiles as they continue down the corridor. he eyes a vial from his satchel as they walk.

Last edited:

devious_sauce

First Post
Vigil Looks back

Making sure to alternate looking over his shoulder every few seconds, Vigil sees the rest of the dinner guests start moving down the tunnel. Doing his best to stay halfway between Janiven and the rest of the group, he alternates looking forward and back. Vigil was no stranger to the undersides of the city, he knew that the only dangers in the sewers weren't the Hellknights behind them.

OOC:

ps feel free to call that roll an 11.

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
Unfortunately, none of you are able to decipher what the potions could be.

As you follow Janiven, the tunnels begin to gradually widen as you get closer to the main sewer lines. You take several turns, guided by the sword marks etched into the walls. Some of the marks seem faded however, almost eroded away. As you progress further into the sewers, Vigil sees the faint flickering of a torch reflect off of the water some distance ahead.

Janiven spots the flicker of light as well, and abruptly stops. Someone is up ahead... she whispers, loosening her sword in it's sheath.

As you stop to listen, the torchlight grows brighter, and the soft clink of chainmail can be heard over the sound of running water. Voices begin to argue up ahead.

"Damn it all, we're lost! one voice says. Shut your mouth, if we find them then we will be made Hellknights for sure... another responds.

Janivan quickly puts out her sunrod, plunging the party into darkness. The torchlight up ahead shows brighter now, and appears to have stopped moving in a larger tunnel junction up ahead.

Janiven's voice can be heard from the darkness directly ahead of you

It sounds like Armingers, the Hellknight aspirants. We have to get through that tunnel though... If any of you have any ideas now is the time to chime in.

OneWingAngel88

First Post
Hearing Janiven's statement, he quickly closed the gap between himself and the rest of the group, reaching the rear just as she extinguished her light.
Squeezing through the rest of the group in the dark, he made his way to Janiven. "Alright, now is about the time you told me what's going on and how you found me, and what you know about who killed my family," he whispered quickly. "Either you tell me now, or none of us make it out of here. And you had best tell the truth, otherwise, I stand by every word I said upstairs."
Holding his sword to her throat, he pressed her against the sewer wall, waiting for an answer...

Slithy

First Post
Maurea quickly uses Touch of Glory, domain power on herself, giving her a +1 to the next CHA based check she makes. She puts a reassuring hand on Noa's shoulder
"Noa, I'm sure there's no need for that....." Maurea says very calmly and firmly to Noa. "I'm sure Janiven will make all clear very soon." She looks pointedly at Janiver. "We need to get ready for our friends to show up. Any suggestionsa st to how to proceed in battle, Noa?"

devious_sauce

First Post
Gross

"Hey, I think I've got an idea, if one of you spell-slingers can make a poof of light or whatever you call it. It's not going to be very pleasant though..."

Vigil takes a few quiet steps back towards the group, while keeping an his eyes trained forward at the Aspirants.

"We've just got to lie down, out of sight, and then the poof and they'll come and then the rest of we go at 'em! - Yes?"

With that, Vigil laid down in the center of the tunnel, and submerged himself as far as he could bear while still breathing. He certainly hoped the others had understood his plan, and followed. He was killing that first impression.

toasterferret

Explorer
Janiven's eyes widen as Noa shoves her against the wall, then narrow and harden as the sword is pressed to her throat.

"I don't know who killed your parents, but if they were skulking about at night without attracting the ire of the shadow beasts, it only follows that they must be in alignment with the powers that be, if you understand my meaning. Now unhand me before I use the dagger I have pressed against your gut. There are others who can explain things further when we reach the safehouse."

Sure enough, Noa feels the pressure of a blade against his stomach, even as he has Janiven seemingly at his mercy.

Janiven addresses Vigil's suggestion.

"That sounds like a plan. If someone can cause a quick burst of light to lead them this way, we might be able to surprise them."

25 feet behind the group there is a blind corner. The tunnel extends another 40 feet in front of you before opening to the room with the Armingers and flickering torchlight.

OneWingAngel88

First Post
Noa, feeling the assuring hand on his shoulder somehow ease the burning pain in his soul, and less-so the knife point to his gut (however heedless of his own injury he might be), relaxed his grip and withdrew his weapon from Janiven's throat.

"Save your spells," he whispered. "I think Vigil is right, you had best all hide, for we can certainly take them all better if we have the element of surprise. But make sure that we can fight them effectively from where you are. No use giving them the upper hand in position simply so we can take them unawares." He sheathed his sword and drew a short slender dagger that, to the trained eye, was quite well-balanced for throwing.

"I'll move ahead while you all ready yourselves." He took two paces forward. "After the welcome I give them, they'll have no choice but to follow me into your trap." With that, he tilted his head to them in a curt nod and began creeping down the ledge toward the approaching torchlight.

Slithy

First Post
"Be careful Noa, don't throw your life away needlessly." says Maurea, her voice filled with compassion.
"Leo, I hope you have a cantrip for getting us clean after this."
Maurea sinks down into the water to hide, and readies an action to rise when the enemy gets within 10'.

Last edited:

Remove ads