• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Toasterferret's Council of Thieves

bayushiyojiro

First Post
Leo bucks up his courage, determining this could be a long shot but he has to try. That crossbow chick's aim will only get better at this range. Pushing briskly past Noa to the edge of the platform, he attempts a jump across the sewage. failing pretty horribly, he ends up only hopping into the sewage line.

Thrown off by his terrible jumping skills and deafenedness he screws up the words required to cast.

"well that was anticlimactic....."

OOC: curse you dice gods... no animal sacrifices for you

Last edited:

devious_sauce

First Post
This is the best/worst ambush ever.

Vigil sees the gnome leap forward, gargle, and land in the sewage. He moves forward as fast as he can through the green mess swirling around his legs until he comes to stop next to Leo.

On one hand, he was really starting to regret getting up from his hiding place. On the other, he was finally ready to show off his martial skills.

OOC: Moving 15 feet forward thru difficult terrain, and readying an action to attempt a disarm against anyone who comes with striking range.

OOC: Also, I feel very boss standing in the shadows looking around for someone to fight but not seeing anyone

OneWingAngel88

First Post
Working with amateurs...

Noa opened his eyes as he felt Leo push past him, and to his surprise, he could see again thanks to Janiven's sunrod. Glancing around he saw Leo trip and fall into the sewage ahead of him.
"This is not how this was supposed to happen," he muttered. "Well, time to draw a little more blood. Let's find this bitch." With that, he stood and took a step and tried to focus on where the female Armiger had been when the lights went out, all the while trying to wince away the pain in his still ringing ears.
As soon as he had some idea as to where she was within the darkness. he took off at a run straight toward the channel of sewage, taking three quick steps before he reached the edge and kicked of a jump with all of his might.
Clearing the cess-trench, and using his momentum, Noa continued forward, sword point first, running headlong toward where he remembered the crossbowwoman to be. Screaming at the top of his lungs, even though he himself couldn't hear it, he stabbed forward into the dark.

OOC: So, I end my move right in front of where the chick was. I'll move in and attempt to grapple if I have to, or push her off the other side if I can find her.... But the first stab is a miss, especially with the darkness. Oh, and I forgot my +1 from bless. Not that it would've done me any good...

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
As Noa charges forward, he hears the clink of rushing mail to his right, and dodges out of the way of a blade swung from the dark. His blind stab ahead hits nothing but air, his aim thrown off by a quarrel slamming into his shoulder.

Leonixx sees the crossbow wielding Arminger fire at Noa, then quickly turn and retreat further back into the darkness, ending on the narrow ledge on the other side of the sewage.

OOC: Maurea is up!

Last edited:

Slithy

First Post
Maurea grits her teeth an rushes headlong to the south. Her newfound friends are in danger! Allowing herself to briefly feel maternal towards her companions she moves as fast as her mail will allow, just entering the room and allowing herself a moment to appraise the situation.

She double moves 40' to the south and looks around to spot friends, foes, danger, and terrain.

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
After lighting the sunrod, Janiven rushes forward on the narrow ledge to join the fight. Wanting both hands free, she drops the sunrod on the floor of the main room, and draws her longbow, rushing to nock an arrow on the string.

Meanwhile, the shrieking of the mushrooms fades, and aside from the slight ringing, Maurea can once again hear the din of battle.

OOC: Noa is up! Circle is bright light, everything else you can see but it's shadowy.

sewerencountermaplight-1.jpg

Last edited:

bayushiyojiro

First Post
Leo shakes the sewage from his ears and spits out.. something.. he didnt care to find out what it had been. Mustering his focus he utters an incantation and tosses a handful of colorful sand at the melee arbinger next to Noa, the sand transforming into a dazzling cone of disorienting light at his words.

"If at first you dont succeed....try harder"

Leo snickers as the arbinger cringes at the flash of light, and waits to see the response. Seeing the successful crash, Leo high tails it out of the sludge of the sewer and stands over his unconcious body, hoping to use it as cover against the crossbow-wielder.

OOC: DC 17 will save or: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.)

Last edited:

Remove ads