• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Toasterferret's Council of Thieves

devious_sauce

First Post
Stupid Sewage

Vigil saw the Arminger drop to the ground in front of Leo. As happy as he was to see a foe fall, he cringed a bit with jealousy. He had wanted to dispose of that one!

Grumbling, he moved forward as fast as he could through the sludge, hesitating only briefly before rattling his chain loundly and taking the last step out of the light and into the shadows. This one was his! "HA!"

OOC: Double move all the way forward, chain still out. Excited and waiting for my AoO when he shoots into melee or runs. Unless he doesn't, of course.

OneWingAngel88

First Post
As the sword wielding Armiger slashed at him from the darkness, Noa ducked to the side just in time to catch a crossbow bolt in his shoulder. "Dammit," he screamed, still unable to hear himself. 'Lucky though,' he thought, 'if I hadn't ducked, it would've been in my throat instead...'
Just then, the light from Janiven's sunrod rounded the corner and cast it's light upon the entire chamber. Now he could see his foe. Now the Armiger was going to die.
Seemingly out of nowhere, a vibrant wave of flashing and dancing colors engulfed the armored man in front of him and suddenly his armored assailant dropped to the stone floor, and then the gnome pulled himself up on the walkway and stood over the dropped squire.
Noa sneered. The wicked grin spread across his entire face as he quickly reversed the grip on his sword and dropped to one knee. Perhaps the Order of the Rack WAS behind his family's murders, perhaps not. Right now he hardly cared, for this man was going to die, right here, right now.
Pulling off the man's helmet and grabbing hold of a lock of his hair, Noa lifted the Armiger's head and tilted his neck back onto his knee. Then, he placed his blade against the man's throat and dragged it through the soft flesh under his voicebox.

OOC: 11 Damage and the Armiger must make a DC 26 Fort save or die instantly.

Last edited:

bayushiyojiro

First Post
Leo yelps as Noa brings his dagger out and Covers his face as the sick grin crosses his 'ally's' face and he hears the sickening sound of the dagger gouging through throat flesh.

The sewage was one thing, but having someone slaughtered in front of him was a whole new scene.

toasterferret

Explorer
Startled by Vigil rushing toward him, and catching a glimpse of Noa butchering her comrade off to the side, the remaining Arminger panics, firing a bolt point blank at her aggressor before turning heel and trying to run.

[sblock=Vigil] You get an AoO against the arminger, if you dont kill or trip her she will turn tail and run to the corner to the right of the map [/sblock]

devious_sauce

First Post
I don't think so!

Vigil couldn't see much in the shadows, but he could see an opportunity. Staring down the woman holding the crossbow at him, he swung his chain quickly and low at her feet, trying to tangle them up and take her down to the ground before she had a chance to loose the bolt aimed at his chest!

Last edited:

devious_sauce

First Post
?

OOC: a) what's the attack/damage on the crossbow bolt, and
b) holy crap that is a high touch ac, and
c) shouldn't it be against CMD, not touch?

Last edited:

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: Whoops, you are totally right. I wrote that post right when i woke up and my brain was working in 3.5. i also mixed up touch and FF. D'oh!

Vigil's chain wraps around the arminger's legs, and with a swift tug he jerks her off her feet and onto the ground. She fires as she falls, her quarrel going wildly off to the side as she hits the ground.

Slithy

First Post
Maurea realizes she has just missed the fight as one Arminger is murdered before her eyes, and another is jerked off her feet, probably to meet the same grisly end.
Disappointment fills her heart as she realizes her newfound compatriots, the potential team that would live in glory forever were not heroes. Not heroes at all, but cutthroats.
She considers going back and turning them into the law officers above. Devil worshippers or not, the law officers enforced the edicts of the government.
Then another thought occurs to her, cutthroats may be the very tool needed to release this city from bondage to a rightful, just government. She would stay a bit longer, but she and Noa would have a little chat.....

All those thoughts happen while she moves to the east 20' and makes a perception check, looking for more adversaries. Especially ones that may be in that gloom over there.

Last edited:

Remove ads