• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ToEE, Scourge of the Slavelords, Queen of Spiders

capgun

First Post
I'm thinking of starting a campaign using the 3 mega-adventures listed above converted to 3e. Has anyone done this yet? How did it go? How smoothly do they mesh together? Any tips or comments would be helpful.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Good luck. In 2nd ed, I ran ToEE with the intention to run the others. Game group died before we get into Scourge. Modules are big and at points.... boring! Especially ToEE when the party relaizes that it's just a huge friggin dungeon!

Vocenoctum

First Post
I ran Temple then right into Queen, since I didn't like all the Slavelord parts where they were captured with no recourse, or scarred by randomness or whatever.

Went very well, but they ARE a long one.

Broken Fang

First Post
I have ran/played in the Slave lords (A1-4) in both 1st ed and 3rd ed and loved it (so did the entire group)! We have also played Against the Giants (G1-3) in both editions, and we all thought it was great (though much more difficult in 3rd ed). Completed the Drow series (D1-3, Q1) in first ed (defeated but not destroyed Loth) but have yet to play them in 3rd ed...I think they will be over many parties heads in difficulty!

Talvisota

First Post
I've done this in the past, but it is tough to go from the temple to the slavers' series, as the PCs will be too high level for it. My party finished at about 7-8th level, where it is best to start the A series at 4th or so. They had a few homegrown adventures then started the GDQ books.

I then ran a group that started with other stuff and then the A series. Afterwards, we did GDQ and it fit well after some tweaking.

Remove ads