• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tokiwong's 3.5 Game: Chapter 1 (The Swarm)

Tokiwong

First Post
semmarin said:
Drakor nods to Lif “Lead away”
Lif nods, looking to the rest of the party, "Shall we head out then?" as the other dwarves grow smaller in the distance as they make their way down the trail to the base of the mountain.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Kerrik looked down, studying the map, trying to decipher it. Uh, I'm not very good with maps. Still, knowing it will probably come in handy. What's with the goblin cleric jumping and stuff? Is that really important? I guess maybe I should let those more familiar with this area lead us.

Well, let's head off then towards your friends, see about rescuing them. Maybe we should post an advance scout, maybe Jalban. Travelling my himself, he should be able to spot trouble and report back to the rest of us, right?

Kerrik then holds his now loaded and cocked crossbow in front of him, scanning his surroundings for trouble.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Well, let's head off then towards your friends, see about rescuing them. Maybe we should post an advance scout, maybe Jalban. Travelling my himself, he should be able to spot trouble and report back to the rest of us, right?
Jalban nods in agreement, puts away his hammer, and readies his bow. He then moves about 200 feet in front of the party, trying to stay hidden away from the trail as he scouts ahead.

Hide and Move Silently are both at +6, and Spot and Listen are both +4, if they're needed.

Tokiwong

First Post
Lif scowled as he furrowed his brow and then sheepishly spoke, “I, uhh, don’t really remember where the ambush actually was, I know it was somewhat close by, maybe a few miles east of here, I think… maybe.”

Lif made an Intelligence check and rolled a 5 and failed to remember.

“But at least we have a map right?” he says looking Jalban, “since you are a scout any idea where we should start?”

Where the party is currently located they can continue south along the main trail up the mountain, or east along a thin twenty-foot wide trail, that looks much harder to traverse. Movement wise the players have normal movement along the main trail, and half speed on the branch off trails.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Turning to Drakor, If y'all don't mind I'll take to the back, if I remember right Goblins sometimes attack the rear of the party, and I'm not that easily surprised.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Why spears are the best weapon in the game

Kerrik grinds his teeth. He forgot? How dumb can he be? His companions lives hang between death at the foul hands of goblins and our liberation, and he doesn't remember.

Well, if no one has any better ideas? Kerrik questions as he lets go of his crossbow with one hand, grabbing the spear on his back. He then places it shaft-first in the ground, and lets it fall. It lands facing south.

Kerrik then shrugs, and hooks the spear on his back again. Okay, sure, you can guard our backs, just guide Fireball behind you. He then hands the mule's reins to Jason. It's best if we keep the mule in the back, I guess, so that it doesn't get hurt or intefere with our fights. In the pictures the mules are always at the rear.

Remove ads