• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

To'kustar

Don Ventresca

First Post
To'kustar (Way Big)

• +18 Strength, +6 Dexterity, +11 Constitution
• Colossal Giant
• Colossal size: –8 penalty to Armor Class, –8 penalty on attack rolls, –16 penalty on Hide checks, +16 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits sixteen times those of Medium characters.
• Space/Reach: 30 feet/20 feet.
• Speed: 40 ft
• Low-light vision
• Racial Hit Dice: A to’kustar begins with twelve levels of giant, which provide 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +8, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +8, Ref +4, and Will +4.
• Racial Skills: A to’kustar’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 15 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Climb, Jump, Listen, and Spot.
• +15 racial bonus to Listen and Spot checks
• Racial Feats: A to’kustar’s giant levels give it five feats
• Natural armor +8
• Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A to’kustar is automatically proficient with simple weapons, martial weapons, light and medium armor, and shields.
• Rock Throwing (Ex): Adult to’kustar are accomplished rock throwers and receive a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls when throwing rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). A to’kustar of at least Gargantuan size can hurl rocks weighing 50 to 70 pounds each (Large objects, 4d8) up to five range increments. The range increment is 140 feet for a hill giant’s thrown rocks. A Collosal to’kustar can hurl rocks of 80 to 100 pounds (Huge objects, 5d8).
• Rock Catching (Ex): A to’kustar of Collosal size can catch Small, Medium, Large, or Huge rocks (or projectiles of similar shape). Once per round, a to’kustar that would normally be hit by a rock can make a Reflex save to catch it as a free action. The DC is 15 for a Small rock, 20 for a Medium one, 25 for a Large, and 30 for a Huge one. (If the projectile provides a magical bonus on attack rolls, the DC increases by that amount.) The to’kustar must be ready for and aware of the attack in order to make a rock catching attempt.
• Swallow Hole (Ex): A to’kustar can try to swallow a grabbed opponent of Huge or smaller size by making a successful grapple check. Once inside, the opponent takes 2d8+8 points of crushing damage plus 2d8+6 points of acid damage per round from the tarrasque’s digestive juices. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the to’kustar’s digestive tract (AC 25). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out. The tarrasque’s gullet can hold 2 Huge, 8 Large, 32 Medium, 128 Small, or 512 Tiny or smaller creatures.
• Automatic Language: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin,Orc.
• Favored Class: Barbarian.

A little (not) creature from Ben 10, I hope to assemble a hole Ben 10 campaign. I know it wouldn't be fare to play as one, ...

Anyway, this is the first (maybe second) time I've ever done anything like this, so critique would be greatly apreciated

Last edited:

Don Ventresca

First Post
So, 30d8 HD, (Thirty levels of giants) instead of 12, and maybe +27 str? Oh and because 30 levels, (instead of 12) wouldn't the Fort +8, Ref +4, and Will +4, change to Fort +23, Ref +10, and Will +10? (I did an equation ...)

Last edited:

Don Ventresca

First Post
You forgot to give him Improved grab, it seems essential with swallow whole.

I agree, but ...

To use this ability, a to'kustar must hit a Huge or smaller opponent with its ____ attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to swallow the foe the following round.

... doesn't sound quite right does it? I'm not giving him a bite, or claw attack!

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
You could go with a slam attack. Or just Improved Grapple as a bonus feat.

Is this intended as a racial write-up or a monster? I'm a touch confused with this.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads