• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tomasz Darkhenov, the Voidsoul

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
First real experiment making an NPC for 4e. This is the soulless guy I posted about on the other thread in 4e Rules; he's based off a shadar-kai assassin with some extra powers, I tried not to make any crazy powers since the PCs are still fairly low-level. I gave him elite hit points - my party is composed of 4 level 2s (a swordmage, a druid, a warden and a bard) so if folks in here think a level 4 elite is too tough I can tone the hp back down.

The dagger of decay is basically envisioned as Padan Fain's shadow dagger in Wheel of Time. Statwise, I just used the Poisoned weapon in Adventurer's Vault and redid the damage as necrotic, not poison.

I also do plan on having Tomasz factor into the campaign later, so he has other powers that aren't reflected here as they won't effect combat at all (things like a sort of invisibility to non-intelligent undead: he's seen by them, but seen as a zombie/skeleton/whatever. Things like liches or vampires can see him for what he is, though).

Level 4 Skirmisher // medium natural humanoid
Defilement of Respite aura 3; whenever a healing surge is used within the aura, it heals 2 hp less and Tomasz gains 2 hp.
INI +6 - SENSES Perception +7, low-light vision
HP 74; Bloodied 47
AC 15, FORT 18, REF 18, WILL 15
Resist 5 necrotic, 5 radiant
SPEED 6
* Scimitar (standard, at-will) +6 vs. AC; 1d8+1 damage.
Dagger of Decay (standard; at-will) +6 vs. AC; 1d4+2 damage plus 1d6 necrotic on a critical. Once per day as a free action, Tomasz may make the dagger inflict ongoing 5 necrotic damage.
* Hand Crossbow (standard; at-will) +8 vs. AC; 1d6 damage.
Dagger of Decay (ranged) (standard; at-will) +7 vs. AC; 1d4+2 damage plus 1d6 necrotic on a critical. Once per day as a free action, Tomasz may make the dagger inflict ongoing 5 necrotic damage.
Shadow Storm (standard, at-will) +6 vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage plus 1 for each creature adjacent to target.
Shadow Step (move, at-will) As long as Tomasz is adjacent to an enemy, he may teleport 3 squares.
Cloak of Shadows (minor, encounter) Until end of next turn, Tomasz gains concealment and is invisible to enemies more than 5 squares away.
Shade Form (minor, encounter) Tomasz assumes shadow form (insub., vuln. 5 radiant, until attack or end of next turn).
Shadow Jaunt (move, encounter) Tomasz teleports 3 squares and become insubstantial until next turn.
Terrifying Visage (standard, daily) Close blast 5; +6 vs. Will, 2d8+6 psychic damage and the target is immobilized (save ends); on miss, 1d8+3 damage, and only the primary target is immobilized. Secondary targets: +6 vs. Will, push target 4 (2) squares.
ALIGNMENT Unaligned - LANGUAGES Common, Elven
SKILLS Acrobatics +10, Stealth +13, Thievery +11
STR 13 (+3) // DEX 19 (+6) // WIS 11 (+2)
CON 14 (+4) // INT 14 (+4) // CHA 11 (+2)
EQUIPMENT scimitar, dagger of decay, leather armor, light shield

Keenberg

First Post
Here's a card for him!

Edit: Just noticed he was supposed to be an elite... I'd change the card but I forgot to save it. Sorry! You'll have to adjust the XP value when you print it out.
leaf

Last edited:

Remove ads