• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tome of Artifacts: The Good (and Evil) Flows on!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Necromancer Games (and Ronin Arts) put this book out with the intent of reclaiming artifacts. By that I mean instead of just "Ooo lookie a powerful sword with some background material" no. I mean like the Bastard of Exalted Heroism, a sword that makes both side tremble in fear as it used to cleave through those that are "unworthy". Yes sir, if you thought the days of Vecna's Eye or those lovely Pipes of Aquaa are gone forever, Tome of Artifacts truly is a work of art.
By far the best thing about this is that EVER artifact is a plot hook. Not just a piece or a set of things, no it is meant to be the beginning, middle and end of all things. For fans of the Savage Tide (especially those that like the Shadow Pearls) these are the kinds of artifacts that harken back to the days when the mention of such things brought both dread and awe. From the bones of an arch fiend shaped into weapons, armor and more, to the brooch of a "holy shyster", there is truly no end to the fun that is found here. Admittedly, I only have the PDF, but honestly, I'm glad i got this first. Not because it's not good, no sir. Because it whets my appetite for the real deal.

Ari Marmell, Bill Web, I congratulate you on this splendid piece of work. While I could rant and rave about the particular ones, I can say the work done by the like of Patrick Lawinger (I can't list exactly how many you did, but it was a lot that I liked, Anthony Pryor (I still remember you fondly Tony, my favorite Druid! And your contribution with the Bones was by far one of the best ones!), Rich Burlew (Una's shield deserves to be shown in OotS, Rich), Keith Baker (Hungry Stone, GOOD!!) Rhiannnon Louve, (loved the Crown btw,) and of course Ari's partner in crime C.A Suleiman (No doubt about it Siege Hound was awesome CA!), all make great contributions. I'm sure I left out a few, but those were the standouts

So I can't stress this enough.

GET THIS BOOK!

Thank you Ari and everyone else that contributed. I'm VERY happy with my purchase.

Imruphel

First Post
I downloaded this last night and gave it a quick read-through but am really looking forward to going back to it and reading it in detail.

Echoing some of the OP's comments, you could use this book simply to generate ideas for entire campaigns or small campaign arcs. Definitely worth getting.

Soel

First Post
I guess the pdf version is out?

I'm waiting for the hardback (on order from my FLGS,) but I'm still jealous of you guys...

Nightfall

Soel,

You might want to try ordering it from Amazon.com. It's probably cheaper.

*did get the PDF* It's available through DTRRPG.com.

Imp,

Yeah reading it in detail is great. OP....*chuckles* First time in a while someone has called me that.

Very much appreciate the kind words, NF. :)

But just as a brief correction, it's Necromancer and Lion's Den, not Ronin Arts. While all of our PDFs have been published through Ronin Arts, we're partners, not the same company.

Last edited:

Nightfall

Ari,

My bad! Still at least I spelled your name right! ;) But yes it Necromancer Games AND Lion's Den Press.

Also it is my pleasure to say generous words when the product is THIS damn good. :)

Soel

First Post
Nightfall said:
Soel,
You might want to try ordering it from Amazon.com. It's probably cheaper.

I preordered it from my FLGS when it was listed in Previews. Amazon would be a little cheaper, but they're not so reliable as far as new releases from 3rd party books time-wise (or is what I've read.) I'm also fortunate enough to have a guy who gives fantastic deals on stuff at my FLGS (20-30% off, somtimes more!)

I hope it's there this next week!

Sigh...

It seems that in final layout, the last two spells in the new Hearth domain (one of the new mechanical features introduced in the Petrified God artifact entry) had its last two spells cut off.

They should be:

8th: antipathy
9th: foresight

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads