• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tonights Stargate SG-1 episode (Spoilers Within)

Green Knight

First Post
ANUBIS LIVES!!!

YES! With any luck, he'll survive this episode and get back into power. Please oh please oh please let him survive. WHOO HOO! You can't keep a good villain down. :D

anubis.jpg

Last edited:

LightPhoenix

First Post
He's alive, and certainly able to return. However, since the dialing device for the Stargate at whatever planet it was (I thought they called it Cania, I could be wrong though) was buried under snow and ice, he's kind of stuck. We do know that his essence can survive most conditions, so all it really takes is time for him to be re-discovered before he can wreak havok again.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, he could just take over a space penguin, and waddle through the Stargate.

(Was the dialer thing buried? The snow didn't look that deep)

Last edited:

ShadowX

First Post
Actually I was more anxious to see Stargate Atlantis. SG-1 was yet another body snatcher episode. If it had not involved Anubis it would have been rather boring. And what a great plan, split the center into 3 zones, and, you guessed it, call them zones 1, 2, and 3. That gave me a laugh, but it was even funnier when their plan was so easily countered. I really don't like them reintroducing Anubis, if that is the plan. The show needs to conclude, all the characters are getting stale, except Jack who has a new job, and the one-shot missions are becoming repetitive. Stick to the story arc, stop detouring from the supposedly imminent threat of Baal.

I think the series would have been in a better position if they had not booted Jonas Quinn, and had developed him past Daniel Jackson clone. The real problem is that it is hard to introduce new conflicts to characters after they have resolved their initial problems. Atlantis does not have this problem, but unless they do some character development and add some background, things could look bad.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
yes it was good to see old Anubis back and them using the rule of never let them see the villian die! :lol:

My red flag from Atlantis is starting up the mast: they have a kid in the show! I was concerned last week and what do we see this week, kid in trouble. :heh:

Hand of Evil said:
yes it was good to see old Anubis back and them using the rule of never let them see the villian die! :lol:

Anubis being back is good if for no other reason than they're staying with thier 'keep it as real as you can' rule, something that's kept me interested in the show from the start. Anubis is made of energy, and now we're told exacatly why he's been using the Cloak-thingy (containment vessel) and digging up Ancient Technology instead of using some awsome Ancient Powers.

I liked the solution Sam came up with. If there's a functional DHD there he's out of luck because I doubt he can 'cure' his host of being frozen to death. Still, if they need him it's simple enough to later find out (after fighting him for a while again) that someone or something went to his prison planet and was possessed long enough to get him through to his base of power.

Edit: Something pretty obvious just dawned on me as I re-read my post, Anubis maybe not even be on that planet when they showed the frozen remains of the Russian pilot. He's made of pure energy, he can't even affect the real world without possessing anyone, right? So what's to prevent him from simply 'flying' at the speed of light to another inhabited planet and then Gate-hopping his way back to power. Mabye he'll even end up possessing Bhaal himself since that would essentialy get him both his empire back and take his biggest opponent out, all while dealing on-going revenge as Bhaal struggled in vain to keep Anubis out of control of thier shared host. If nothing else the symbiot would certainly help keep the host in better shape longer while he possessed it.

Hand of Evil said:
My red flag from Atlantis is starting up the mast: they have a kid in the show! I was concerned last week and what do we see this week, kid in trouble. :heh:

I don't share you fear yet. I saw it as inevitable that they'd use the refugees, especialy the children, as tools to 'oops' thier way into city-based adventures. The SG: A group knows how bloody dangerous the situation they're in actualy is. They're very unlikely to go meddling with things that haven't first been cleared by someone that can at least read Ancient, and maybe even by someone with the right Gene as an added safety measure.

The thing that's got me worried is that it's only the first non-pilot eppisode, yet they're already doing 'gene therapy' to give others the 'magic gene-key'. I'd have saved the idea for a more desperate time in the series. Gene therapy is still awfully new, and from the sounds of it this "Ancient Gene-Key" is quite the radical little RNA bit. They could have just written the story with someone that already had the Gene being talked into using the Personal Force-Field device, and later saving the City. This would have added humor later on as the good Doctor tried to convince others to try-out various Ancient Devices he'd discovered, only to be frustrated by thier refusals. The whole 'is too scared to will it off' idea would have meshed better with a soldier-type having the device on anyway, the typcialy macho stereotype admitting to fear.

NEXT week's eppisode definately has me interested already. I'm always keen to hear Sci-Fi shows explain the (quantum) mechanics behind thier toys. Ever since they first explained that Wormholes were strictly one-way I've been wondering what happens when you're standing half-way through a Stargate in operation. Maybe they'll explain what happens if you try to step half way through the event horizon, but then decide to back up. Do you leave half of yourself on each side of the gate? I suppose you could say I've been dying to know ;)

Hatchling Dragon

Last edited:

Thaiger

First Post
Hatchling Dragon said:
NEXT week's eppisode definately has me interested already. I'm always keen to hear Sci-Fi shows explain the (quantum) mechanics behind thier toys. Ever since they first explained that Wormholes were strictly one-way I've been wondering what happens when you're standing half-way through a Stargate in operation. Maybe they'll explain what happens if you try to step half way through the event horizon, but then decide to back up. Do you leave half of yourself on each side of the gate? I suppose you could say I've been dying to know ;)

Hatchling Dragon

Well, there has been scenes in past SG-1 episodes were people have placed a body part or object through the event horizon and pulled it back out. I believe the -one way- aspect only applies to matter outside the wormhole. Besides, I don't think the the Gate starts dematerialzing and transmiting matter until the entire object has passed throught the event horizon. The only exception being when the gate shuts down while something is passing through it. In which case, the part in the wormhole is dematerialized and transmited, with the rest being cut off.

Kesh

First Post
Hatchling Dragon said:
Something pretty obvious just dawned on me as I re-read my post, Anubis maybe not even be on that planet when they showed the frozen remains of the Russian pilot. He's made of pure energy, he can't even affect the real world without possessing anyone, right? So what's to prevent him from simply 'flying' at the speed of light to another inhabited planet and then Gate-hopping his way back to power.

Well, he is just energy, and energy can only move at the speed of light. So, it'd at least take a few years before he could reach another solar system. And we've never seen Anubis move that fast, either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads