Planescape Tony DiTerlizzi interviewed at The Cheracter Sheet.

dave2008

Legend
Interesting. Tony said TSR management was focused on Birthright and they assumed it would be a big success. Therefore, management basically ignored / left alone the planescape team and let them experiment and do whatever they wanted.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Tony also said the Lady's mask that was the logo was a physical object made by the D&D art team (and her design existed before he got involved)

This one:
1699531169847.png

dave2008

Legend
Final note (I think): WotC talked to Tony for several years about Planescape coming back and different roles he could take. They said they wanted him involved as much as he wanted to be. However, he basically only had time to do the DM's screen and help with general art direction (he designed the font?) on the new books.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
Final note (I think): WotC talk to Tony for several years about Planescape coming back and different roles he could take. They said they wanted him involved as much as he wanted to be. However, he basically only had time to do the DM's screen and help with general art direction (he designed the font?) on the new books.
yea it’s nice to get the real reason there wasn’t more.

Remove ads