• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TOON the cartoon RPG, anybody play it?

aramis erak

Legend
Played it once at a con. It was a blast.

I actually really liked that you had a maxed bonus max on your rolls, and that could come from a combo of your attributes and skills. Is that part of normal core?

It seems it would make an interesting choice in a lot of rpgs and depocts the naturally talented and the highly skilled quite well.

Core rules cap skills and Shticks at 9, temporary shticks at 5.

Tom Flanagan

First Post
I always thought it would be very tough to play. I mean the setting has no limits, anything is possible in a cartoon, which makes it tough to play a game without limits. Constraints make us more creative, right?

With the right group it is an utter blast to play. But you lack imagination and humor it will be dull and stupid to you.

I played the intro game with the building and a button twice. Great time each time.

JeuxFictifs

First Post
I remember playing Toon, the cartoon role-playing game.
How would you manage to pull out a pink elephant caught in the hallway of a subway underground. My brother's character was a super-onion who had the power to make people cry. My character was a little green man with a plastic bag from which he could take out various objects. I gave him the name Ziploc. The elephant was so crying that it was the flood on the subway.
We had so much fun ...
sometimes the role play gives you pleasant moments that we like to tell.

Wicht

Hero
I have played it and greatly enjoyed it.

For my son, for Origins a few years back, I wrote a Smurf adventure, using the Toon rules, "A Night in Smurf Manor," and he ran that a few times during the convention as an event (I've run it as well for family a few times). I did a follow up, "A Smurf in the Tombs," and he did that one once as well. Both were well recieved.

I am not sure that I would want to play Toon all the time, but it's a great game to get into every now and then when you just want some silly fun.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads