• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Top 5 rejected monster ideas

Asmor

First Post
Stolen from the dumpsters behind WotC headquarters...

5. Mineflayer: Its unusual diet has a tendency to explode in its face.
4. Carry-on Crawler: Starves to death in a fantasy setting due to distinct lack of laptops, purses and briefcases to feed on.
3. Misplacer Beast: Quite a pushover as it can never seem to find its weapons or armor.
2. Gelatinous Hypercube: Its stat block includes a reference of high-level physics and math textbooks as required reading.

[sblock=And the number one rejected monster idea is...]
1. The Flail Snail: A snail which, in place of a head, actually has several flai-- wait, what? They actually made this one?!? Bah, I quit![/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Also rans include:

The Hoblin. Like a goblin but lame.

The Worf. A dire wolf from space with forehead bumps.

Hire elemental. Oddly enough, it couldn't get a job.

Dust monster. PCs refused to be intimidated by a monster that ate dust. They did however make a fortune breeding them and selling them as housepets under the name "Roomba."

The sheep in wolfs clothing. Was eaten by the other wolves.

Asmor

First Post
Andor said:
The Hoblin. Like a goblin but lame.

Wow. That's terrible, but it made me laugh out loud. I declare you the winner of this thread, good sir! You should receive your price in the mail in 6-8 weeks*.

*Disclaimer: I said you should, not that you would ;)

Don't forget these favorite:

Hair Rats - Several small living balls of fur that crawl into your beard or hair and cause your comb to tangle. Also was a natural enemy of the dwarves.

Hair Bares - The arch-nemesis of the Hair Rats, these microscopic organisms crawl into hairy areas and proceed to remove all hair permanently. Also a natural enemy of the dwarves.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads