• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Top 5 RPGs--Q2 2011

William Ronald

Explorer
This is interesting, and we will have to see if some trends will continue.

Congratulations to everyone involved with the top 5 games in the survey for their hard work.

In light of a recent thread and out of respect for the moderators, I will ask that we be polite and respectful in this thread. We may like or dislike different games or gaming companies, but I think that what unites us is always more powerful than what divides us.

My question, which does not seem to be part of the data, is whether overall tabletop role playing games sales are up? There are many good games out there.

Dagger, good to see you here!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My question, which does not seem to be part of the data, is whether overall tabletop role playing games sales are up? There are many good games out there.

They mention that overall game sales in the hobby channel were up, but not as far up as last quarter. Perhaps they break out RPGs in particular in their "Internal Correspondence" report, which we don't have.

I'm surprised/impressed with Dragon Age.

I'm surprised that it's been in the chart two quarters running. It's not as if it's a new game, and the sales aren't being boosted by the release of new material - although hopefully Set 2 will do well now it's out.

Me too...which, in turn, makes more surprised and less impressed that there's no Mass Effect game announced yet. Get on it, GR/BW!! :)

I suppose that makes me second in the queue for that game. I'll go and do some calibrations while we wait.

Remove ads