Top Ten Geekiest Hobbies

Wombat

First Post
That list misses all sorts of things...

Like my sister's obsession with writing Buffy slash fanfic... :confused:

(returning to the topic)

I score about 2.5 -- rpgs, of course, as well as an interest in (but not terribly deep -- don't collect figures, cards, and the like, don't pick up most novels, no dress up, or no memorizing scripts, and of course NO CONVENTIONS!) in Star Trek, and a small (but not memorized)collection of Sandman , Flaming Carrot and The Tick comics. Wasn't quite sure how to score the latter two, so I game them each a score of 0.75... which is probably excessively geeky ;)

Last edited:

"Anyone who maintains a diary blog" and "fanfics" should be somewhere on that list. And also, the author, seanbaby, really shouldn't throw stones. He maintains a website about the Superfriends tv show. While biting and satirical, at some level he must like the show.... (I'm just guessing that these two seanbabys are one and the same.)

Chaldfont

First Post
Ahhh, Seanbaby. I used to read The Wave when I lived in the Bay Area. His articles were the first to be read.

If you like what you read, you should check the archives of The Wave for his reviews of foreign knock-offs of Star Wars. Also check out his site, seanbaby.com and read his attempt to make his own fireworks.

Just be careful with this site at work or around Eric's grandmother.

Ah, only 2.5... D&D, Star Wars and a few comics here and there. I'm not so bad.

But, like others have said, it's missing pretty nerdy hobbies that I think should have bumped some of the things that are present.

Remove ads