• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Topps Shuts Down WizKids

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
I loved MK and Heroclix, but I got out when they went to the cards/white powers with Avengers. The whole thing I loved about clix was everything was self contained in the mini's base. When they went to adding a card for each mini it kind of ruined that. I hope someone can get the rights to the combat dial for a new fantasy minis game.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
Whew, I'm starting to get back into SR (coming from 2e into 4e) so I'm glad to hear that that system should be unaffected.

Hawke

Explorer
The two interesting things will be the Mage Knight universe and the clix patent. I don't know too much about the universe, but I thought they had comics and such for a while. I'm not sure if it has a fan following enough for someone to buy it rather than simply make their own fantasy universe.

The Clix patent could be licensed out to basically anybody that wants it. Basically could end up taking HaloClix or the Horror stuff and make non-collectible board game style versions like they did for that pirates thing. Those things are likely to sell as cheaper toys compared to some of the crazier stuff like $80 Millennium falcons. Or someone could hold onto it and make some kind of come back in 4-5 years.

I think all the other material is at least housed license wise outside WizKids (Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, Battletech) such that there shouldn't be any major changes to the non-mini lines.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I'm gonna miss Pirates -- a fun little game. :(

Agreed. I didn't get to play it as much as I would have liked, but still enjoyed punching out and assembling those little guys. Hopefully, that means I can get some cheap product on eBay...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads