Torg!

Staffan

Legend
I know there are some folks around these boards who are fans of West End Games' old TORG RPG. I figured these fellas would be interested to know that WEG have now released the "Revised and Expanded" Rulebook (aka TORG v1.5, or "The Lost Rulebook") at RPGNow: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=371&products_id=4743&SRC=EnWorld

As far as I understand it, this is meant for use with the old stuff, since it was originally written in order to move the stuff WEG had sitting around on warehouse shelves. There's also a "true" 2nd ed planned for next GenCon (that is, 2006), as well as a limited edition print version of the R&E book (I think that one's for this year's GenCon).

Now I just have to wait for my paycheck to come in so I can afford it...

Rabelais

First Post
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

I only got to play Torg a couple of times. Really liked it.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Everyone in my gaming group really got into Torg except me. I played about twice, and it just didn't seem to grab me like it did them. I'd be willing to give it another try, though.

Temprus

First Post
Torg Ah! Torg Ah! Torg Ah! (okay, that was bad, very bad)

Torg is great but it takes a group with the right mindset to enjoy it.

Brain

First Post
Interesting. I played a lot of TORG and loved it. One of my friends has all of the old stuff, and I'm sure he'll get this too. I'll have to ask him about it.

Remove ads