• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Torm vs. Tyr

Abstraction

First Post
As somebody who never really used WOTC gods, can you give the rundown of the similarities/differences of Torm and Tyr? What will it mean for the core game world?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Abstraction said:
As somebody who never really used WOTC gods, can you give the rundown of the similarities/differences of Torm and Tyr? What will it mean for the core game world?

Nothing, this is an FR only thing. Core has Bahamut.

PeterWeller

First Post
Tyr is pretty much a generic justice god. Torm is more specific, embodying service to justice and just lords as well as protecting the innocent. Basically, Torm's the paladin god of FR (which is not to say that he's the only god that has paladins, just that he's the god that most embodies the traditional set of paladin values and virtues.)

KingCrab

First Post
Aust Diamondew said:
Tyr has one hand.

Damn wolf.

Yup. And (faiths and avatars) 2ed clerics could cast wolf jaws to turn their arm into a deadly snapping wolfhead. Combined with the fact that they could use longswords and heavy armor and detect lie at will (big module buster) clerics of Tyr were quite powerful. From what I recall, clerics of Torm were just average. In 3.x it didn't matter as much. Tyr was more justice, Torm was more protection.

PeterWeller

First Post
KingCrab said:
Yup. And (faiths and avatars) 2ed clerics could cast wolf jaws to turn their arm into a deadly snapping wolfhead. Combined with the fact that they could use longswords and heavy armor and detect lie at will (big module buster) clerics of Tyr were quite powerful. From what I recall, clerics of Torm were just average. In 3.x it didn't matter as much. Tyr was more justice, Torm was more protection.

I always hated that longsword bit, especially after the priests of Tyr made such a big hullabaloo about them at the beginning of Pool of Radiance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads