Tormenting Demons

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
You can torture a demon by restraining it and exhorting it to become Good and/or Lawful. Cast Bless on it (which becomes Bane in its opinion). Give it a drink of Holy Water.

And then you can wonder why the Grey Paladins are storming down your door and putting a stop to this Den of Evil and Iniquity. They will demand you justify why you did not call them to upcast Read Thoughts on the thing in the first place and Banish it when you were done.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I think the most telling part of this is that people think they can be effective enough to torture something that lives in a place of eternal torment.
That's like trying to drown a whale by throwing a glass of water on it.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I think the most telling part of this is that people think they can be effective enough to torture something that lives in a place of eternal torment.
That's like trying to drown a whale by throwing a glass of water on it.

But what if my technique of throwing that glass of water is superior to all other techniques? I mean... I know how to do it right.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Is it an evil act to torture a demon (or other evil outsider of choice).

On the one hand, they are horrible beings of evil. On the other hand, it is torture.

I'm watching Errimentari: The blacksmith and the devil. It's the only reason I'm asking.
We might use ethical reasoning to determine the best course of action in producing the most good while doing the least amount of harm, but issues of legal, theological, conventional and ideological thinking will pose complications.

Torture is evil, though may prove ethical given circumstances and applied thought. That being said I do not foresee any of my characters performing torturous acts because they are grossly evil no matter how you look at it.

:)

While each individual demon's goal is to cause as much suffering as possible (while having the largest amount of fun while doing so), the Abyss's goal is to spread CE, and a "good" way to do that is to get good people to do bad things. Even if they do bad things to bad creatures, doing bad things becomes easier to justify. Sure you start with demons, then it is easy to torture orcs (they are CE too), and then that evil gnome is up for torture, and if you can do it to CE, how about CN? CN is practically evil too, right?

If the price of this corruption is some poor smuck of a demon gets tortured, well don't expect the Abyss to feel bad about it.....

Remove ads